Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MUD MAESTRO View Post
    Nathan, I just don't know how to reply to your post. I certainly don't want to promote a dirt track. If their are lingering problems, its the duty of management to solve those before a premier event. There's more to promoting than opening up the gates.

And that is my point. There are a bunch of issues that need to be fixed. I don't know what the deal was with getting the show started that late outside of the pole and wires being knocked down but that needs to be the first issue to be solved. The heat races where good but the feature was a snoozer. I’ve never seen Kankakee race like that. Hope that doesn’t happen again. O well on to the next race at Peoria tonight.
    Last edited by HoosierDirtFan; 06-15-2022 at 06:36 AM.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Man, this is a tough bunch.
    8/13/16

I get that stuff happens out of your control, but you have to adjust to it. Scrap the hot lap/qualifying for the 2 support classes, run their heats in conjunction with the B's for mods and lates, then after that come right back with the A mains for mods and lates. Unbelievable that UMP can't do anything outside the box, ever. Then those who want to stay for the 2 support class features can do so after the other classes are done.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    I get that stuff happens out of your control, but you have to adjust to it. Scrap the hot lap/qualifying for the 2 support classes, run their heats in conjunction with the B's for mods and lates, then after that come right back with the A mains for mods and lates. Unbelievable that UMP can't do anything outside the box, ever. Then those who want to stay for the 2 support class features can do so after the other classes are done.
    Couldn’t agree more!!
    Maybe put someone with a backbone in charge and enforce some rules. First rule: the late model feature on a weeknight will be on the track by 9:30. You can run as many support classes as you want but the late model heats, consi’s and feature take precedent.

I’d agree. The crates & stock car guys didn’t need hot laps. Especially since they know the track.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Impressive 4th place finish last night by 18 year old Drake Troutman from Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Impressive 4th place finish last night by 18 year old Drake Troutman from Pennsylvania.
    That boy is pretty good. I'm excited to see his career take off.