Default Thoughts on Eldora WET WEEKEND?

Well I thought it wasnt bad as far as racing went. Typical Eldora. Car count was big again. Also do have to say was very unorganized Wednesday. I went to the grandstand gate at 10:20a.m. stood in line and asked for a $40 single Day pit pass gave the man $40 and he put a 4 day pit pass on. I just walked off. Went all week. With living close to track and all spent $20 on gas and packed a cooler so $20 for food all week also and $40 for a pit pass got out for $80 for the week not bad to see all the races. The tech for cars and hauler parking was really bad even without the rain would have been delayed for tech. Also what was your thoughts?

Thoughts? Sounds like you owe Tony some $$.
    8/13/16

We stayed home because the weather is too unpredictable this time of year. We made the right decision.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Well I thought it wasnt bad as far as racing went. Typical Eldora. Car count was big again. Also do have to say was very unorganized Wednesday. I went to the grandstand gate at 10:20a.m. stood in line and asked for a $40 single Day pit pass gave the man $40 and he put a 4 day pit pass on. I just walked off. Went all week. With living close to track and all spent $20 on gas and packed a cooler so $20 for food all week also and $40 for a pit pass got out for $80 for the week not bad to see all the races. The tech for cars and hauler parking was really bad even without the rain would have been delayed for tech. Also what was your thoughts?
    Sounds like you owe me some money on the car count prediction.

Funny thing was the guy told me he had no single day passes and he said heck with it have fun lol some young kid. and would have been close to 150 had not been for some guys backing out at the last minute and also with weather, and the bad track and the tire situation. all in all it was great for me. got to see 4 shows and have a decent meal for $20 a day.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    and would have been close to 150 had not been for some guys backing out at the last minute and also with weather, and the bad track and the tire situation.

I know several posters(pennsboro being one) that listed every one of those factors(except maybe weather) last week, but you were still dead set that 150 cars were showing up. We weren't getting anymore than what were there. Pretty much everybody that was on the list, and even a few others that weren't on there came.

Everybody is wrong at some point.

Everything seemed pretty disorganized in general. For what they were up against I thought the track was fine really except the prelim features Saturday, track took rubber quick without a ton of laps on it. Really felt there was a way to get the dream in yesterday before the rain. Eldora has had zero issue starting earlier in the past. After talking with some people from the various controlling party’s, it sounded like they only planned on 50 laps and wanted to call it good. Not much more really coulda been done I guess but still feel a tad salty as I travelled a good distance and won’t likely be able to return in September. Still will not deter me from traveling to Eldora again but slightly disappointed in what was to be the biggest dirt late model weekend. On to the next one I guess!

I talked to tony. B*llsh*t, but I'm sticking with it. He told me that after scrapping of the new clay and having an excavation company and a trucking company there he thought the track held up well given the forecast and the amount of cars entered. The million was a good race, they made it interesting to the end. The weather stepped in and if they could have gotten a break last night I'm sure they would have done everything to get it in. Besides yourself, the workers at the track have lives and most need to get back to there real jobs I'm sure. Hats off to all the workers from the ticket takers to the track personal. On to the world.

Considering the race from last Sunday, they did a heckuva job to get the track raceable. The only problem I saw were the 25 lap twins were too short, probly need to make them 40 or 50 laps. Other than that, great job!!!

I wasn't there, but the one thing that stood out to me, was for all the talk of running over your mother to win $1m, the pros ran each other very clean...hard, but clean....with the exception of the obvious bush leaguer. That shows what true pros we have in this sport. Made me proud.

Just got back from the weekend. Thursday was a LONG day/night but for all the cars and racing on the track, plus sun all day, I thought it was a great day of racing. Saturday was a bit of a mess, and had they picked up the pace with the farming session before the evening heat races I think they could have gotten the Dream in, as well as tightened up the show even more along the way yesterday. For example McDowell was out of 4 coming for the checkers in the final consolation just to have them throw the yellow and set up a GWC restart. Waste of time when under the gun. Our group enjoyed our trip, got to see the Million, but hated to see the Dream cut short.

To those that feel they should have started earlier on Saturday….there’s usually a fair amount of people that drive in for Saturday night only. Doesn’t seem fair to those people to suddenly decide to move up the start time by a few hours.

But they did move it up a bunch Jed. Just not enough.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Was pretty much to be expected with the weather. Let’s face if, if they didn’t remove the Clay they would’ve had a real mess on their hands with all the rain. I only stayed for the million glad I didn’t fool with the Dream.

Being my first visit to Eldora, I thought the place
    lived up to the hype. Not a bad seat to watch the races. My question is why does somebody have to run their 9000 watt generator in the campground 24/7? It wasn’t really hot there. I got very little sleep there with all that noise.

They may have an underlying health problem where they have to have an aperatus running and or needs air conditioning ?

Just curious if anyone knows. How much do the world famous Eldora push trucks get paid to run in the track? They turned a lot of laps packing the track. Thanks

All things considered I thought they did a yeoman job. Racing was good. Dancing around all the rain is extremely hard. In fact a lot of the racing was great.

They need to Larry Boos back to run race day operations and Chad Schmitmeyer to take care of the track ! Until they do , It will remain a cluster f*** !!!!