Default Sun is out and drying up here at Eldora on Sunday 6-12-22

Sun is out and everything is drying out could have ran it at 1p.m. 86 laps would have been done at 2p.m.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    Sun is out and everything is drying out could have ran it at 1p.m. 86 laps would have been done at 2p.m.
    The race is in September.

Quote Originally Posted by latemodelman View Post
    And if they would have rescheduled for today it would be raining

Yes, the race could have been run today instead of waiting until September. Weather forecast accuracy is 50-50 at best.

12:30p.m. sun is out and race should have ran seems like they did not want to run it. Also feels like they want a 4 day thing for everything to make more money. I talked to alot of teams who said they would not be back to Eldora. They felt it was unorganized on Tuesday and Wednesday and Thursday. Also felt like they should have had inspections in the upper pits also. One team parked over by the helipad (Dennis Erb) said that it was unsafe to park there with the fly debris and his equipment going flying when the helicopter landed and took off.

You talked to "alot of teams that won't be back to Eldora"?! How many is a lot to you? I guarantee they will still show up for The World 100 lol

Teams gave up on the race last night before the track did, I get both sides of it though I guess. It seems like the race teams are controlling what happens at these races anymore IMO. There was no shot of getting it in last night.

As far as the helicopter thing. They didn't have to park where they did. There was plenty of room down passed where the Simpson brothers were in that corner for a few more haulers. I thought it was dumb that Erb and the Scott brothers were parked that close to it to begin with.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 06-12-2022 at 12:37 PM.

Agree here. And you can't really blame the track for cancelling last night. Forecast for Sunday didn't look great and to make all fans and drivers stick around another night with the hope of getting a day race in just didn't make sense.

They knew the weather forecast yesterday. When they started early, they should have started at least another hour earlier.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    They knew the weather forecast yesterday. When they started early, they should have started at least another hour earlier.
    Cutting out useless pace laps would've been a big help. We have one way communication. We did not need a pace truck at all yesterday IMO

Guess Eldora should consult Latemodelman instead of their meteorolgist......its been raining since about 2. I am sure they made the best educational guess with the info presented to them last night. Hindsight is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    Cutting out useless pace laps would've been a big help. We have one way communication. We did not need a pace truck at all yesterday IMO
    The only gripe I have about the weekend was too many pace laps.