Default Experts on Eldora!

It seems as if nobody can say an unkind word about Eldora without being put down and ask if your the expert, maybe you should run the track response has been on FB and 4m. The one thing Ive noticed is the the people that question asking any accountability on the track live 250 to 1500 miles away. You guys visit the track 2 times a year vand your the experts, and God forbid someone whos home track is Eldora says a bad thing. Up until Dream weekend Eldora surface has been horrible, ever since Earl passed Eldora sits dark 90% of the racing season. The next late model race at Eldora is the Baltes in September, There is only 3 weekends of races all summer long. That being said, the track was in very good shape and held up well. But 5 cars on the lead lap, Is parity gone in dirt racing, When Davenport gets a 8 second lead on the field 10 laps in, The sport has a problem, you can deny it all you want, but local late model racing is dying or is dead in most parts of the country! If your content with only big races and not supporting local tracks and lower budget teams I understand that, but at some point the trickling down will start to hit the sport big time! Even Lucas Oil and the WOO struggle in some places to draw a full field. Only a FOOL uses the million/dream or the world as a barometer of the health of this sport! Imagine if Fairbury, Atomic, Lucas Oil raceway, Attica, Williams Grove, Lernersville, Portsmouth, I55 or Knoxville was not racing 90% of the racing season.
    People wonder why the southerners are the best racing teams now, the biggest reason is those guys race every weekend at most tracks in the south, and if a track runs Crates, most of the southerners will adapt and run them or both. Davenport, Bailes, Ferguson, and Whitener never snub their nose at Crates, if the purse is good, they will be there.
    Last edited by play4kps; 06-13-2022 at 11:34 AM.

Weekly super racing at Eldora would be pretty tough to pull in very many cars. I assume that’s why they don’t do it anymore? Poor car count usually means poor spectator turnout. I’m guessing it costs Eldora more money than other tracks to open the gate? Smoke probably has no interest in losing money hosting weekly races. Other tracks can probably do that better since they have less help to pay, possibly some volunteers. Plus the smaller tracks are easier on equipment which makes the racers happier. Just my rambling thoughts.

I understand to a point, but Knoxville and Lucas Oil race every weekend! How do you expect locals at Eldora when you never race there! Just to put in perspective, Ricky Weiss was the 2019 Eldora track champion. Thats right, he showed up for the Baltes, World and Dream, 3 races and your the track champ!

Quote Originally Posted by play4kps View Post
    I understand to a point, but Knoxville and Lucas Oil race every weekend! How do you expect locals at Eldora when you never race there! Just to put in perspective, Ricky Weiss was the 2019 Eldora track champion. Thats right, he showed up for the Baltes, World and Dream, 3 races and your the track champ!
    It's not that simple. We lost a track championship to Jon Henry one year because we missed one prelim night feature. You have to make all of those prelim races to have a shot at winning a track championship there.