Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Belleville XR

Quote Originally Posted by bb14 View Post
    Fix the cars not the track.
    Same thing I said about West Virginia Motor Speedway last year but it seemed everyone else was on the opposite side of the argument.

Quote Originally Posted by bb14 View Post
    Fix the cars not the track.
    I said the same thing when they added a fuel stop at Knoxville.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

i think a lot of the xr problems with car counts is they are scheduling on top of other big races. these guys had 4 nights in a row at eldora and then a 750 mile haul to make in one day

As Orange28fan said, I wonder if the move to the shorter track will pull any more cars in? That's an awful lot of money up for grabs.

Maybe they can try the Highbanks later in the year next time? I was looking forward to the 40k on the big track,but the 1/4 will most likely produce better racing.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by AllenK View Post

Maybe they can try the Highbanks later in the year next time? I was looking forward to the 40k on the big track,but the 1/4 will most likely produce better racing.
    They have killed any opportunity to ever have LM there on the high banks ever again. If the big names won't run on the big track, what chance of ever booking another big show as guys just won't come.

Very few have ever came to the big track, even back in the day when we had plenty of LM's in the area, we would race Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (Salina, 81 speedway and then Belleville on Sunday) we could have 50 or so for salina and 81, then a max of 20 to 23 cars for Belleville. People would drive right past it on the way home to Nebraska. Just always been that way.

Add in the high temps and lack of the track having water on it (not faulting anyone here just how it is) the track becomes very abrasive and tires do not get a chance to cool and is hard on them.

I for one was not happy to hear we was gonna have to run on the small track today. I want to run on the big track even though it's not great racing, never has been and will never be. Our LR tire didn't make it and it shredded destroying the entire left side of the car. Part was the way it was cut, but unless your on a Hoosier tire deal you simply can't get tires. We were only able to buy only 4 tires for both nights (we had no 40's at all to start with) we didn't have another tire to cut correctly after the after it was apparent the track was gonna be dry and extreme high temperatures.

Also they cut the laps to 20 and also informed us that we would run no more then 10 straight green flag laps, if we did they would throw a competition yellow to let engines cool off.

Make of that what you will.

This sounds like a real $hit show lol

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    This sounds like a real $hit show lol
    Glad I didn't waste $40. to purchase their stream of this event, plus with only 32 total entries between 2 classes of late models last and only 27 listed so far again tonight between those 2 same classes . Someone that knows how should start a poll on on here on how many purchase XR Streaming.

Full field of Supers at Belleville tonight.

These XR races seem to be a total financial disaster. There is no way the crowds and streaming are paying these sky high payoffs. Belleville is empty. The organizers appear to have thought just throwing huge amounts of obey would work. It isn’t.

A Mon Tue race after Eldora is totally illogical. 4 days of racing at Charlotte wasn’t logical. Two consecutive weekends at Bristol wasn’t logical. Florida during normal racing season is not logical Common sense does not prevail fir financial success

what happened to owens in the A?
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

I think the track has a reputation that is not deserved. I raced on the big half mile and absolutely enjoyed racing on it. I would love to have the track closer to me so I could race weekly. The track is nice and wide and appears to be a circle. There is plenty of room to pass.

Race on the 1/4 miles was awesome. Big time rim riding for the fast guys. Owens got pole. Clanton won the feature. Madden second and JD was 3rd. This track showed just how talented these drivers are.

Glad to see someone different win, even if it was Coconut.

Owens went over the edge a few times

So how were the lap times during the feature and heats last night? Fast time for the XR was barely faster than the Malvern Bank series,and not much faster than Derek Ramirez in the USTMS series. Just wondered if it was on the slimy side.
    Formerly 66#1

it looked dry slick on the free preview i saw
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Quote Originally Posted by orange28fan View Post
    Owens went over the edge a few times
    Still got the pole. Drivers were rim riding big time. XR, Lucas, WOO and maybe one more big late model series being developed. Listen to Maddens interview a few days ago. Sounds like someone else may step up for Dirt Late models and create something.

Flyboy: your imagination is getting the best of you on Madden’s interview. You should listen again.
    Yep- Jimmy got the pole after they gave him 2 more qualifying laps after he went off the track on his first attempt. That pole position you are thrilled with “rim riding” didn’t do him any good since he couldn’t keep his car on the track during the race.
    They definitely were not rim riding during the race- more like “catfishing”- but still better than your home track of Cherokee!
    And by the way: I am an Owens fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Still got the pole. Drivers were rim riding big time. XR, Lucas, WOO and maybe one more big late model series being developed. Listen to Maddens interview a few days ago. Sounds like someone else may step up for Dirt Late models and create something.
    I was in great anticipation that the Madden guy was gonna win that big old million as you predicted but alas it just wasn't to be . . . . .