Default Davenport Speedway

If I am the owners of West Virginia Motor Speedway I am jumping on a plane and heading to Iowa tomorrow with my tape measure and construction would begin on Monday with a new 1/4 track built inside the big old 5/8ths.

That takes money.

Takes money to make money. I agree, if I'm WVMS Id be out there measuring and taking notes.

I’ve been suggesting this for WVMS for approximately 20 years now.

Several said the same thing in the WVMS thread a few weeks back.

they just need iracing to scan it, then they'd have a cad model and the ability to have the dozers recreate it....what they don't get is that iowa black dirt!

Feger's last Woo win was in 2009, 13 years ago. I would have never thought it was that long ago.

If anybody ever tries to shorten WVMS again, they cannot attempts to use 1/2 anymore. They need to carve out whole new track and build all new turns and backstretch. For their particular situation, it’s not Davenport I would try to emulate, but Bridgeport’s revamp.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Alltech would be perfect to copy Davenport!

I posted that on their post, and they responded by telling me to buy the clay and the transportation. I responded that they already have the clay, it just needs to be moved! I got no response back......imagine that!

"If anybody ever tries to shorten WVMS again, they cannot attempts to use 1/2 anymore. They need to carve out whole new track and build all new turns and backstretch. For their particular situation, it’s not Davenport I would try to emulate, but Bridgeport’s revamp"

I can live with that. The big old 5/8ths of Bridgeport was my track growing up. I spent many Saturdays there as a teenager. When they announced they were going to revamp and reconfigure the big track I thought they were making a big mistake....Boy was I ever wrong. The new high banked 4/10ths is great racing no matter what kind of cars run there, Big Block Modifieds, Sprint Cars and even Street Stocks put on a heck of a show on a weekly basis.

My opinion is Kay's (K Promotions) is the key to Davenports success, their track prep consistently provides a competitive track. That was a big gamble to scrap the half mile but it is good to see the track thrive again.