Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Eldora cel service. WTF

Was back to the old Eldora this weekend in this department. No calls, no text, no internet, no playing music thru Bluetooth. Sucked. Maybe September will be better.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

When you have that many people trying to use their phones at the same time in a rural area the service is not going to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    When you have that many people trying to use their phones at the same time in a rural area the service is not going to be good.
    This👍 Rural area too

it's been pretty good the last few years since the new tower went up.. but the dream/million was awful I'm guessing its time for Verizon to upgrade the tower as it was overloaded, had full signal but data would only work in the morning while everyone was sleeping.
    "The closer you are to the fence, the less it hurts when you hit it"-Jack Hewitt "

I was told that Flo was draining the service by one of the vendors they couldn’t even get their card machine to work

Heard the same bout flo. …..it’s been slow in the past but would eventually work. This weekend, nothing.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Look around….you’re in the middle of rural America. The fact there’s any service is a plus…much less…all the drain from all the people and t shirt trailers CC machines on what equipment there may be out there .

3 in our group had AT&T with good service... The 6 others with various companies, did not.

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Was back to the old Eldora this weekend in this department. No calls, no text, no internet, no playing music thru Bluetooth. Sucked. Maybe September will be better.
    crow, you don't need any of that stuff!!! Bluetooth Music??? Really!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Mine and the wife's phone worked as well as bsheps Durham engine after a win all weekend..... flawless.

I know several others with the same cell service that couldn't get theirs to work. Anytime you jam that many people in a somewhat small area, it going to happen. Football stadiums are right middle of big cities a lot of the time and struggle with this same problem.

It wasn't very long ago, you couldn't hardly get any service while you were there, especially in the infield.

Sometimes it took up to 2 hours to get a text to send, worse when the storms where brewing up. Other times it took 1 to 10 mins for them to send. Then it would send multiple text to recipient every time it tried to resend.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    3 in our group had AT&T with good service... The 6 others with various companies, did not.
    I have Cricket which is owned by AT&T and was able to stream the races on my phone while at the track. It was around 3/4 of a lap behind live action. As cell traffic picks up people with competitor service get dumped first.

Why not turn them off and watch the races. I read these posts and wonder, could people survive without there cell phone ? I really don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Why not turn them off and watch the races. I read these posts and wonder, could people survive without there cell phone ? I really don't think so.
    That's not it. When we were there last weekend and out in the campground or up at the races, it would have been nice to pull up the radar to help make decisions. We couldn't see any weather updates Eldora was posting on social media Saturday night. Being able to make a call or send/receive a text from my family back home in this day in age is peace of mind. Also a track should want it's patrons to be able to "free advertise" their events across social media with pictures, video, etc.

I could get nothing when out in the campground, but when I went into the track I had 0 issues with connecting. Thought that was odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    That's not it. When we were there last weekend and out in the campground or up at the races, it would have been nice to pull up the radar to help make decisions. We couldn't see any weather updates Eldora was posting on social media Saturday night. Being able to make a call or send/receive a text from my family back home in this day in age is peace of mind. Also a track should want it's patrons to be able to "free advertise" their events across social media with pictures, video, etc.
    Well said.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    Worked just fine last year with just as many people. Something was up.
    2023 Races - WoO at TST

Quote Originally Posted by dirt crow View Post
    Worked just fine last year with just as many people. Something was up.
    This is a fact. No issues last year but this year was horrendous. Hope they get this fixed before the World 100

I have Cricket which is owned by AT&T and was able to stream the races on my phone while at the track. It was around 3/4 of a lap behind live action. As cell traffic picks up people with competitor service get dumped first.
    This is an example of how wasteful of bandwidth mobile services are. Think about it. When someone does this the signal is traveling from the track to the cell phone tower, then over the internet to the servers that provide the streaming service. This could be thousands of miles. Then it must travel all the way back again to the individual receiving the stream.
    At Bristol dragway, they have a low power FM radio station that broadcasts whatever is on the PA system. It's old school, but it works and doesn't waste bandwidth nor overload the capacity of the local cell tower.

Hope they get this fixed before the World 100
    "they" being the cell phone service providers that own the local towers? Do, you really think they are going to spend hundreds of thousands, or even millions to add more capacity for a once or twice a year issue? I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt it. Think of it this way, 99.9% of the time the nearby residents have more than ample bandwidth.