Shane Clanton Claims $40,000 Top Prize in Belleville Dirt Nationals Finale
Mountain Moonshine Classic at Smoky Mountain Speedway Up Next

ZEBULON, Ga. (06/15/22) – Less than a week after being injured at Eldora Speedway, Shane Clanton triumphantly returned to the driver’s seat of his Skyline Motorsports No. 25 Bennett Explosives/ Super K Express/ Capital Race Cars/ Clements Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Clanton claimed a whopping $40,000 winner’s check on Tuesday evening in the finale of the inaugural Belleville Dirt Nationals at Belleville High Banks. The victory came on the facilities’ ultra-slick, infield oval.

“I got a little banged up at Eldora last Thursday when I took a dirt clod to the face on the first lap of the Eldora Million. It broke my helmet and gave me a black eye. Other than that, I felt fine, but to be safe we decided to sit out the (Dirt Late Model) Dream to give me a few days to bounce back,” Clanton shared. “We made the decision to come to Belleville (High Banks) to see what this place was all about. We were decent on Monday night with an eighth-place finish on the big track after blowing a right-front tire and getting into the wall in the heat race.”

Track and series officials made the decision to move Tuesday’s program to the infield, ¼-mile oval. The transition was just what the doctor ordered for Shane.

“Hat’s off to my crew. We stayed up until about 4 o’clock this morning putting this thing back together,” said Clanton in Victory Lane. “We debated getting the other car out but (they) did a good job putting this thing back together. I (said) after the heat race that the best car is gonna win the race, so, there it is. This is a big win for our team, and I want to thank Skyline Motorsports and everyone who supports us.”

Shane Clanton invaded the Belleville (Kan.) High Banks on Monday evening for the opening round of the inaugural Belleville Dirt Nationals. Twenty-one XR Super Series entries were on hand for the $20,000-to-win event at the lightning-fast, ½-mile oval. Clanton blew a tire in his heat race, which sent him into the wall. The team made repairs for the 20-lap feature, and he rebounded to finish eighth.

Due to safety concerns, track and series officials moved Tuesday night’s $40,000-to-win program to the facility’s, ¼-mile infield oval. Clanton qualified third fastest to earn the pole position for his heat race, which he won to lock into the third-starting spot for the feature.

Shane moved into the second spot early in the feature and slipped past Jonathan Davenport for the lead on the 10th circuit and went on to pace the remainder of the 50 lapper to claim the $40,000 victory.

Clanton’s second win of the year came over Chris Madden, Jonathan Davenport, Chris Ferguson, and Gordy Gundaker.

Full results from the doubleheader are available at www.XRSuperSeries.com .

The team will return to action on Friday and Saturday at Tennessee’s Smoky Mountain Speedway (Maryville, Tenn.) in the inaugural Mountain Moonshine Classic. The Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) weekend includes twin $5,000-to-win programs on Friday followed by a $50,000-to-win finale on Saturday night.

For more information on the weekend’s slate, please visit www.LucasDirt.com .

Shane Clanton would like to thank all of his sponsors including Skyline Motorsports, Skyline Materials, Super K Express, Olson Explosives, Bennett Explosives, Bruening Rock Products, Capital Race Cars, Truck Country, Brown’s Heavy Equipment, Penske Shocks, Clements Racing Engines, Base Race Fuels, Freeman Plumbing, Hoosier Tire South, Gorsuch Performance Solutions, Carolina Concrete Finishers, QA1, GoLithium Batteries, Quarter Master, Hovden Oil, Bert Transmission, Five Star Stock Car Bodies, Bulldog Rear Ends, Brown & Miller Racing Solutions, Simpson Race Products, Beyea Custom Headers, Sweet Manufacturing, Stop Tech Brakes, Allstar Performance, Advanced Transportation, MyRacePass.com, and MSRMafia.com Marketing Services.

For more information on Shane Clanton, please visit www.ShaneClanton25.com .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)