Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DoD Summer Nationals coverage

I know some other guys on this board probably noticed but DoD’s coverage of the hell tour has already started out lack luster. I remember the reason I first subscribed to them was because of their hell tour coverage. Now for the prerace coverage we have to watch just Derek talk into a webcam(not his strong suit)and a zoom call with whoever. Used to get 2 videos and a they would interview the top 3 after. I see they didn’t do a recap for last night… I hope it’s just first race issues but as I’m sitting here watching the 2nd dswauve zoom call I’m really doubting it. Flow is awesome but it killed Dirt On Dirt imo. Hope I’m just overreacting. Ps I still miss Late Model Live

If I were guessing it's probably because dirtvision has limited what they can do. From a fan perspective, it really stinks with all the different platforms to watch. I would agree that Dirtondirt isn't what it once was.

Rigsby is not full time with DOD now that he sold to Flo and got promoted up the corporate ladder. Flo is a good thing- but DOD has suffered with Rigsby’s absence.

Hell tour? You peeps just got your asses handed to you by a bunch of good old southerner’s and now you think you deserve more coverage on the inter-webs? 😜😜😜😁

I love DoD, but the zoom call that has replaced the Summer Nats Minute kinda stinks.

The Dirt Reporters Podcast used to be something I looked forward to. It's tough to get through nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    If I were guessing it's probably because dirtvision has limited what they can do. From a fan perspective, it really stinks with all the different platforms to watch. I would agree that Dirtondirt isn't what it once was.
    Totally agree, especially with all the different platforms to watch on.

I enjoyed the drive home but I guess they only do that during Florida speed weeks

When that SMOOTH OPERATOR boy from Illinoy hits his stride there will a lot of tender morsels for them to talk about ? ?

Dirtvision doesn’t allow DOD to show heat race replays for the WOO/ Summernationals or other shows they cover. I understand their thinking on the revenue $$- but the Series, teams, drivers, tracks and sponsors are loosing the publicity that DOD would be giving them.
    Yes Flyboy- the “Drive Home” is just for Fl/Ga Speedweeks. ( could/ could not return for 2023 if I understood them correctly this past February)

I hate that but I guess Flo controls that now. Rigsby and gang know late model racing inside and out

They should just rename it Derek on Dirt (with his boyfriend Turdmo). It's sad how far DoD has sunk.

I see where the long closed Red Hill Raceway has scheduled a SN race!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Maybe because they were running late but I always watch the post race interviews. I know that DIRTVision can’t keep them from doing that

I'm not going to lie. I enjoy everything puts out there for us to watch now, but I kinda miss the old DoD days. When we got real post race interviews that weren't already recorded. Especially around this time of year.

I'm holding out hope that they do the stats for the SN like they have in past years but the Summernationals minute surely isn't the same not being at the track. There is nothing Dirtcar can do to prevent them from doing that.

DOD is rapidly going downhill.

After reading all the above post: I think the common denominator is-DOD sure does miss Michael Rigsby’s daily involvement/interaction. He is knowledgeable and very passionate about dirt racing! Makes you want to jump in the car and head out to the track every day. I guess his responsibilities at Flo has taken him away from DOD as we have known it in the past. Still a great company for dirt racing-but Kessinger just isn’t Rigsby. Thank goodness they still have Kevin Kovac putting the pencil to the paper- no one does it better!

Fox nailed it. Rigsby is irreplaceable

before flo, i loved how they used d suave. he was funny and a great contrast to rigsbys personality. now rigsby is the main guy you get and its not the same as it used to be. i really like all their staff but it was better pre-flo. i dont like monopolies, but i do wish flo was the only dirt streaming service. Mav, DV, XR and whoever else are all sub par and over priced

IMHO, If you look back five (5) years ago we begged for dirt racing tv coverage. It was almost non-existent and never live. Now we have so many choices we can't keep up. And we complain about all of them. This is not major network tv with millions to spend on extras. It is designed for the core dirt track fan like us. Tuesday night I was able to watch Hell Tour, XR, and All Star Sprints. Last night was Hell Tour and All Star Sprints. Coverage wasn't perfect but it was good enough to watch and enjoy. Maybe there are not many of you old-timers out there anymore but it has not been too many years ago that you waited until National Speed Sport News arrived in my maibox on Saturday to know who won the week before. Keep the broadcasts coming!!!!!!