Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I appreciate every night there is a live dirt race for me to watch. I get Dirtvision, Flo and Mav and only get upset when the broadcast experiences technical issues. You all are a bunch of whiny a$$ beaches.

Bleedblue55

Whitney Beaches???
    Nobody is complaining about live streaming and our access to watch live races!
    Go back and look at the title of the thread- unless I am wrong: it pertains to DOD Summernationals not having the “minute” from the track and no “post race interviews.” I would think this is a cost cutting measure/staffing issue??
    I also have Flo/Mavtv+/SRX service and appreciate everyone of them- nobody is whining about that. Again, it’s the fact everyone is noticing Rigsby’s absence.

No need to call anyone beaches!!

I will add this:
    The 2 Summernationals races so far have been 5k to win with around 30 cars. Tonight and this weekend Races will get more coverage than the bigger money races that Lucas Oil will run at Cherokee & Smoky Mountain- go figure???
    DOD is based in the heart of the Summernationals- it’s a very big series in that area- lots of tradition as well.

Ole Phil Pullman is back with another new user name!
    Don’t forget our family reunion next weekend!

Nah, I will be there with the ham and tater salad- you bring the smoked Turkey and cherry pie!

Heard from a close family member that ole Phil is a very sick cookie!
    Anyone wanting to send him a get well card:
    Phil Pulliam
    46W 742 Beith Rd
    Maple Park, Il 60151

😀 that’s the pie I was referring to!😀
    Wonder where he came up with the excellence pee thing??

Good possibility??

Not me “whining” dad!

Whoops- I mean “favorite son.”

Not complaining about the broadcast or flo or DIRTVision. It was with dirt on dirt itself. You used be able to watch a lot of regional races highlights that just aren’t there anymore. All of they other dirt media services are offering more content, Now they are cutting back heavy on their pride and joy. I worried this stuff would happen when flo bought them. Just putting out feelers to see if the other hardcores were feeling the same way. Looks to be the consensus

If I knew nobody was gonna be there live the last 2 nights, I would have done a pit walk video with my flip phone.
    8/13/16

Typically when big company buys small company…. Small company turns into a sh#t Box

The summer nationals and speed weeks minutes were one of my favorite features. This 6-8 minute mess gets a huge thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by riddle28 View Post
    before flo, i loved how they used d suave. he was funny and a great contrast to rigsbys personality. now rigsby is the main guy you get and its not the same as it used to be. i really like all their staff but it was better pre-flo. i dont like monopolies, but i do wish flo was the only dirt streaming service. Mav, DV, XR and whoever else are all sub par and over priced
    Exactly. On Late Model Live, Suave was funny as the lovable drunken loser and along with Tern, it was a great mix of news, interviews and some lighthearted humor. But you never saw Rigsby slapping stickers on cars and blatantly sucking up to drivers. Even as much as you knew who Rigsby's favorites were, he did his best to try to be objective and the focus was always on the racing. Rigsby built DoD. He made it something. If it was easy, then everyone would do it. Suave just isn't that guy. He's Ed McMann, not Johnny Carson. He's not a bad person and his schtick is funny in small doses, but he's not the guy for the lead role in EVERY single thing. It's not funny. It's not fun.

Yeah, I am calling this SN coverage a failure. Why isn't Derek at the race track doing the summernationals minute? And no post race interviews of the top 5 like past years, what a joke - obviously nobody from DoD is even at the track anymore.

It would be nice to have the interviews back…..even though it is usually the same guys saying the exact same thing every night. I’m sure the sponsors enjoyed it as well. Kind of sucks for them. I’m sure Patrick Davis would love to have a shot at hitting the road for DoD if no one else wants to do it. I just wonder how much WRG is playing a factor in all of this.

CILDirt, I would say WRG has a bigger say than more people realize.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    CILDirt, I would say WRG has a bigger say than more people realize.
    And Flo is a direct competitor of WRG’s Dirtvision.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

All “Suave” wants to do is try to be funny as the drunk, goofy fan who loves weaver, Terbo , and Boom. If this is the future of DoD with more of him it will fail quickly. Give me more Rigsby, Turner, Kovac, Jarrett, Shelton..