Default Why No thread on the Clash this weekend

I can usually stay in stealth mode and get my racing info. What's up with no chatter on the Lucas race?? You guys are letting me down lol. Who's scheduled to come and how do most of you view the racing at Magnolia. I've been but I forgotten the experience..
    Last edited by Rev; 06-16-2022 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spell

Well it’s not a Lucas oil race anymore.

So nobody is going?

As stated above Lucas is no longer involved with the race, but Comp Cams series is so their regulars will be there.

there might be a couple national guys there but i wouldnt expect many. I look for jeremy shaw to sweep the weekend

Simple answer, the pay for a multi day show is not on par with the big shows anymore.

37 supers. 97 cd, 14 mb, 10 jj,212, & regulars

madden wins ht 1
    owens wins ht 2
    big wreck in turn 2 of ht 3 ends up with c hedge(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) 23 on his side, all are okay so THATS A POSITIVE!
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

49 davenport wins ht 3
    Everybody Love Everybody!
    Spumoni!
    4m trolls are so sad....

Thanks Iowa, but the Lucas race is at Smoky Mtn! This is for the Clash at the Mag!

I was at the mag. Those who can watch the race, explain 14 actions on a restart. Moving up to the wall and taking off before everyone else. Legal? I think it was 14, correct me if it was not, could have been 54.
    Last edited by NorthAlabama; 06-19-2022 at 10:29 PM.

When Magnolia gets black but has not rubbered, it’s super slick..so utilizing the brown patch right up against the wall helps launch the car on a restart and gain good traction to get going and prevent whew spin. In the center of the corner in 3 and 4 “the mag” is painted on the wall. The leader controls the race in restarts and is able to fire any time from that point forward so to answer, yes the 14 restart technique was legal and fits what is explained in the drivers meetings.

14, the winner, on the 2 or 3 start was in 4th position. His motor reved, he pulled out to the wall early and took off before everybody else who pulled in behind him. When they got under flagman, there was a bunch. The pole sitter had no chance. It was a massive screw up start, but it worked for 14 to get a jump start. With the replays and refresh my memory on what happened, I calling for a restart. 14 did not win fairly the way it looked.

NA, I’m surprised you didn’t catch on to what actually happened at the end of the race. Everything the 14 done on restarts was completely legal but the slamming the a$s end of the car into the wall after taking the checkered flag so it couldn’t be properly read on deck height was the part that had the pit area buzzing afterwards. Surprised you didn’t catch onto that after Joiner had been DQ’d in the heat race for being too high and everybody being warned Friday night about it. Smart move on the 14’s part though earned him 17k total for the weekend.

14 could had been in the 4 or 6 start position. It looked like his illegal start won the race for him, the way it first appeared. So look at the video and describe what happened to refresh my memory. He could have passed under the flag man neck to neck with the polesitter, thus a legal move. What does the video show?

It was on a restart that this driver pulled out and did the move. It could have been another driver than other 14. What does the video show who was it.

Honestly I’ve seen that happen so much at the Mag in every class I don’t really pay it no attention anymore. Unless somebody passes 3-4 cars before they get under the flag stand is it rarely called a false start.