Thread: Scottie Bristol

I saw that, too. A couple of pretty cool cats! I've really grown to like the NHRA stuff and Cruzer is one of my favorites.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I saw that, too. A couple of pretty cool cats! I've really grown to like the NHRA stuff and Cruzer is one of my favorites.
    I agree. NHRA is so good to the fans. Cruze has an awesome online representation and loves the fans. He used to be a big time bmx racer when he was a kid. 👍

^^^ Spot on! I remember taking my son to the NASCAR races at Indy, probably 10 or 12 years ago. Walking by the garages, I saw each stall had this little glass "bank teller" window you could slip things under for the driver to sign. I thought, "Who do these guys think they are?"

So many of these NHRA drivers started out as crew members and worked their way up to get a shot at driving. And many still get their hands dirty on race day. And yes, the fan interaction is unreal. I certainly miss getting to go to Joliet..what a waste of a nice facility just sitting there. I'm thinking the 4-hour drive to "St. Louis" would still be worth it.

I believe Scott's always been an NHRA fan. I know he used to attend some of the events back in the 90s.

FMakes sense since he lives near the best NHRA facility. Bristol baby.