Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    That is correct. Clay is a generic word for red dirt often used on a dirt track. The percent of minerals and other properties vary which makes certain clay better for racing. Good clay for racing and bad clay for racing is still called clay.

Sort of like if I sent 5 people out to buy a plain white, long sleeve dress shirt, size XL,Van Heusen brand all 5 would be almost identical. If I sent 5 people out to buy a shirt probably would have 5 completely different looks but still would be called shirts.
    Interesting info here

Clay color depends on the minerals in it. It can be red, grey, black, blue, etc. The stuff in Iowa isn't even clay, I don't think. Different parts of the country have different stuff and everyone learns how to use it.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Quote Originally Posted by GrocMax View Post
    XR race, crowd don't matter, right?
    If that’s true, they should just charge them a gate fee to irace it and stream that…..would save everyone a bunch of money.

I don’t believe for a second that live attendance or lack of it has not impacted their ambitious schedule. Good businesses pivot and adapt, this is what they appear to be doing……I like the series fwtw.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

It’s more likely it was cancelled because the crowds at their races have been terrible.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Weird thing.. after the Bristol race I questioned how they paid the bills with that pitiful crowd. I was told they didnt need fans there because of online viewers.

Now they cancelled because of no fans at the race?

Make up your mind.. gee whiz.

I never did get any interest in this series because none of the venues are close enough for me until they added Kokomo.
    So what has me confused is why is there a problem with attendance at these events? I've seen huge crowds around here and the events I've seen on FloSports have been record crowds. What's this XR series doing wrong?
    8/13/16

The tracks are too big. Big tracks=boring. It's possible there was 2 tracks bigger than Bristol.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I never did get any interest in this series because none of the venues are close enough for me until they added Kokomo.
    So what has me confused is why is there a problem with attendance at these events? I've seen huge crowds around here and the events I've seen on FloSports have been record crowds. What's this XR series doing wrong?
    Big tracks, poor awareness of their events, probably other issues
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Need to get Ole' Eric Jacobson on this. Wasnt he a soil tester guy. Used to race Bloomer cars a few good yrs ago..

That place literally ate tires last year. Maybe that's what they mean it failed the soil test 😂

Kokomo is a good track,but I wish the TMS date would've gone to Devil's Bowl Speedway in Mesquite. Put Factory Stocks on the card,or b-mods and you would have a good show and a crowd also. Would also make a good Castrol race also.
    Formerly 66#1

Quote Originally Posted by MadDad Racing View Post
    Need to get Ole' Eric Jacobson on this. Wasnt he a soil tester guy. Used to race Bloomer cars a few good yrs ago..
    The “ earth shaker” is a cool dude…..miss seeing them run. I was thinking his business was more about pest control, fumigation etc for farming…..strawberries, fruits etc.

Eric is a strawberry (and now hemp also) farmer.
    Multi million dollar business.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtSLMracing View Post
    Weird thing.. after the Bristol race I questioned how they paid the bills with that pitiful crowd. I was told they didnt need fans there because of online viewers.

Now they cancelled because of no fans at the race?

Make up your mind.. gee whiz.
    It never said they cancelled a race because of the pitiful crowd it’s just assumptions on others part.

People serious under estimate the online subs. Somewhere I saw it was figured up to be about 6500 subs to cover the purse for the XR races. I would not be shocked if XR had that many if not more. Who knows how many Flo has but I’m guessing it’s probably 10x more.

5 years ago….. nobody was really buying PPVs. Now all those people are buying streaming subs to their favorite outlets.

During a flo streamed race, they had 20K people/accounts watching. Not signed up but actually watching that one race.

Thanks fox, I remembered it had something to do with the strawberries out west and them running the soil fume sticker on the car at some point…..that year at east bay was very fuzzy.

From what I heard, the trucking costs to get the new dirt for TMS was too high. They'll wait for diesel dump trucks to be replaced with Biden's electric dump trucks and resurface the track for far less money. :-)

BBQ

You are very correct- Eric was/is involved in soil fumigation in California. I think it was primarily for the strawberry farms and floral industry.
    At one time he operated out of the Bloomquist compound but when he actually quit racing- he had a shop just outside of Oak Tidge, Tn in nearby Clinton. He traveled a lot of airline miles between California and the racing on our side of the United States. He could be a little wild at times behind the wheel- but was exciting to watch and not afraid to smash the gas peddle.
    I can’t remember exactly why he gave it up- maybe age/ and location of bussiness/family just wore on him. Sometimes the thrill just leaves you.

The strawberry business name: Well-Pick-Berries

Eric is CFO of Soil Fume
    and corporate secretary for :Jacobson Pacific Nursery- probably just no time to race. He was a very successful business person when he did race- appears that he is doing very-very well these days still!

Great to hear, I’ve liked him since the first time we met him down south at east bay that year……one of the best nicknames ever.