Ryan Timms Sweeps Border Battle with Three-Straight Wins
Claims $10,000 Bonus for Dominant Performance

OKLAHOMA CITY, Okla. (06/20/22) – Weekend action found Ryan Timms going to Victory Lane for three-straight nights in Northern Outlaw Sprint Association (NOSA) competition in his CitGard Engine Oil / driveWFX.com No. 5T CITGO / Hampel Oil / Western Flyer Xpress / Mystik Lubricants / Eagle Chassis/ Rider Racing Engine Sprint Car.

He swept Friday and Saturday action at Jackson Motorplex before capping things with a Sunday night win at Husets Speedway during The Border Battle to push his season win tally to eight. Via the three weekend triumphs he also claimed the $10,000 Buffalo Wild Wings Triple Crown bonus.

Timms third-and-final conquest was by far the most challenging of the weekend.

"I really can't believe we won that," he said of his Husets Speedway victory. "I really didn't expect to win it from ninth. It was pretty cool to get the win on Father's Day for my dad (Randy Timms). When I got to second, he (Ayrton Gennetten) was pretty far away. Like a lap later he was right there. It was pretty treacherous, and I about messed up a few times, but thankfully I got the job done."

“We had a great week and to get three wins plus the $10,000 bonus is an accomplishment our whole team is proud of. We’re going to take the upcoming weekend off to regroup, and then we’ll be getting ready for a busy upcoming stretch of racing. Thanks to every single sponsor on my car, and I encourage everyone to please support them whenever possible and let them know where you heard about them.”

Ryan Timms was back behind the wheel of his CitGard Engine Oil No. 5T Sprint Car on Friday evening at Jackson (Minn.) Motorplex to kick off The Border Battle presented by Trelleborg.

With 35 Northern Outlaw Sprint Association (NOSA) entries on the grounds for the opener, Timms stopped the clock fifth-fastest in his group before placing second in his heat race. Lined up eighth for the main event, Ryan wasted no time moving forward as he blasted into the top-five early and made an impressive move from fourth-to-second on 11th circuit.

Winning a late-race battle over Kaleb Johnson, Timms stormed to his sixth win of the season ahead of Johnson, Lynton Jeffrey, Jack Dover, and Matt Duhl.

For the second round on Saturday afternoon, Ryan followed up the fastest time in his qualifying group with a fourth-place finish in his heat. Receiving the second-starting position for the A-Main via the redraw, Timms led flag-to-flag in the 25-lapper to claim his second win in as many nights and seventh of the 2022 campaign. He bagged a $5,000 payday ahead of Matt Juhl, Ayrton Gennetten, Brooke Tatnell, and Austin McCarl.

Wrapping up The Border Battle presented by Trelleborg on Sunday, Timms stopped at Huset’s Speedway (Brandon, S.D.) as he was gunning for the $10,000 Buffalo Wild Wings Triple Crown Bonus for anyone who could win all three events.

With a heat race victory pinning him on the fifth row for the main event, Ryan tracked down early leader Ayrton Gennetten by the midway point and made the pass for the lead on the bottom on the 16th circuit to assume command.

Timms held off the field after a late-race caution to capture his eighth win of the season and the $10,000 bonus. He took the checkers ahead of Gennetten, Austin McCarl, Justin Henderson, and Kaleb Johnson.

Full results from the weekend are available at www.JacksonMotorplex.com and www.HusetsSpeedway.com.

The team plans to be idle this coming weekend, and as more events are finalized, they’ll be posted on the team’s cyber home at www.RyanTimmsRacing.com .

Ryan Timms Racing would like to thank all of their marketing partners, which include CitGard, CITGO, Mystik Lubricants, Hampel Oil, Western Flyer Xpress, driveWFX.com, Xpress Truck Sales, Rider Racing Engines, Griffin Fishing Charters and Lodge, Premier Truck Group, Impact Racing, Factory Kahne by Schure Built, 947-Eyes, Bell Helmets, KR Performance Fuels LLC, Outlaw Wings, AFD Graphix, Inefte Sports, and MyRacePass Marketing Services.

For the latest information on Ryan Timms Racing please visit the team website at www.RyanTimmsRacing.com as well as the team’s social media channels at www.facebook.com/RyanTimmsRacing/, www.instagram.com/ryantimms_5t/ and twitter.com/RyanTimms_5T .

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)