Default How many union workers . . .

does it take to screw in a light bulb ? ? = ALL of them ! !

No one knows……..it’s not their job.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Or better……I don’t know, they are all on break.

They are all busy crying to their steward about what their boss expects from them !

It only takes one to sink a ship!

Unions remind me a lot of bad home owner associations…..they are needed for people that can’t figure it out for themselves so they pay others to tell them what they are allowed to do.

Unions were a good thing and needed at one time…….like washboards were.

Unions were a good thing and needed at one time…….like washboards were.

....and Democrats!

When I was around 20, I had a job at a lumber yard. In one of my first days on that job the foreman handed me a loading sheet for just a couple sheets of plywood and a bunch of 2x4s. "Throw this in the pickup and take it down to the River Division paper mill. It should only take you about twenty minutes and get back here to the yard."

In a few minutes I had the stuff loaded and off I went. I arrived at the loading dock and jumped out and I was ready to off-load all the stuff I loaded - by myself - and a bunch of guys said, "Wait!" There was no fewer than a half dozen guys, some sitting at a card table (with cards on the table), and they brought over a couple four wheeled hand carts and everything was gingerly unloaded and stacked on the carts. It was after all, going to be made into some crating for something. After that production I said, "Can someone sign my slip?" Nope. There was one guy, and that one guy was - on his way. 30-45 minutes later that one guy showed up, counted the sticks and sheets, signed my slip and off I went. I got an @ss chewing back at the yard from my foreman. "What the he!! took so long? That was ten blocks away and it was just a few things? I tried to explain. Another driver came to my defense, "Dave, it's a union shop. That's just the way they do things there." It took that long every single time we delivered there.

It was a big expansive pulp and paper mill. Today it is gone. Everything except the dam on the Wisconsin River which is still there but the mill, the buildings, the railroad tracks, the acres of asphalt for the employee parking lots are all gone. Did some of the lavish pay, benefits, and work rules help these guys work themselves out of a job? At the time, they were doing well. After a few more years and a couple changes of ownership, they were gone.

That was one of my first experiences to the union way of doing things.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

Microcosm of the union ……some are worse some are much better. But overall that sums it up.

And they wonder why?

Another plausible answer to the original question.

None, They cant screw a lightbulb and their customers at the same time.

My Dad knew these retired union workers that had a hunting camp nearby. They had numerous small sheds there and all had those big [railroad property] siding switch locks on them, even the outhouse ! My Dad found and seen why . Each shed was filled to the brim with stolen RR stuff ! ! They had brand new stuff mostly. there were stacks of the coal shovels, padlocks. wheel brake locks. and things that would be no use to the common man. The thing that they would give us were cases of the RR fuses/flares. Dad used them for lighting campfires and burning brush etc. They had a whole shed full of cases of them. They stole everything from their employer that wasn't bolted or welded down. Also stolen was one of the hand pump cars like Uncle Joe [not our president} used on Petticoat Junction ! It just be the union mentality that it is a custom or privilege to take away from the hand that feeds you ? ? ?

Wow, not one good story for unions, tysk tysk!!!!
    If you're not outraged, you're not paying attention!

Move along….nothing to see here.

Those things weren’t stolen, you and I paid for them.

And they wonder why?