Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Are people leaving Rocket because they are not giving any "support" anymore?

Both Chris Madden and Sheppard have mentioned getting support for their race program. I'm not really sure what that entails, set up advice, newer tech. After watching the trip to Longhorn on FLO, and seeing the much younger people working around there, maybe it's just that the boomers at Rocket are stuck in an old way of doing business? Someone also mentioned Cody being at Rocket wasn't exactly a net positive for them as a company.

Hey look. Another wedgie thread/post concerning rocket… who’s surprised??

Madden supposedly left because he was offended at not being offered the house car ride.

Sheppard left because he left the house car on not the best terms.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Both Chris Madden and Sheppard have mentioned getting support for their race program. I'm not really sure what that entails, set up advice, newer tech. After watching the trip to Longhorn on FLO, and seeing the much younger people working around there, maybe it's just that the boomers at Rocket are stuck in an old way of doing business? Someone also mentioned Cody being at Rocket wasn't exactly a net positive for them as a company.
    Cody is gone, to my understanding. Longhorn is perceived as more advanced in technology. Some of it is monkey see, monkey do, as always. Some of it is probably valid. There's also the fact that one has KR and the other does not.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I'm thinking Mark pulled up real hard on his g-string, causing that wedgie?

It’s pretty obvious the new Rocket stuff is not in the track as hard as the competition. Why else would Terbo, Bronson, and Madden all leave. Also Mike Marlar ran his for one weekend and sent it down the road

Cars aren't always sent down the road because of performance. Marlar can win with anything.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I kinda hope more people leave both Rocket and Longhorn. I like seeing more chassis diversity and a broader technical base. I'm not sure Mark is really old enough to be a boomer, but I could be wrong on that. KR is a smart guy well educated guy, but he doesn't have the market cornered on that, I'm sure there are easily a 100 more KR's out there you've never heard of. Until the rules change or are at least enforced I only see a further concentration in chassis choice and a continued decline in overall growth of participants in the sport. JMO
    Make America Godly Again
    2 Chronicles 7:14

Erb leaving was a surprise, MB customs was a shocker.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Erb leaving was a surprise, MB customs was a shocker.
    It wasn’t that shocking. He was hot garbage in the Longhorn he ran a few times earlier this year. He ran a MB Customs for somebody else a few weeks ago.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

There's not much left on the major tours beside Erb Jr., Gustin and the Boom Briggs cars. Why just a few years ago there wasn't a single LH following WoO.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Cody is gone, to my understanding. Longhorn is perceived as more advanced in technology. Some of it is monkey see, monkey do, as always. Some of it is probably valid. There's also the fact that one has KR and the other does not.
    Cody was at Tyler county. I didn’t do in the pits but I saw him during heat race action and it looked like to me he was back helping the 10 car but I could be wrong.

From a consistency standpoint Gustin is having a very good year considering his budget may be slightly less than the big-name teams.

Cody was a consultant for Rocket. He is no longer associated with Rocket1. Caught him stealing money. Whatever he is doing now is on his own. Guy can make a car go fast but the amount of baggage that comes with it is usually not worth it.

Well dam, Cody if you read any of this nonsense seek help bro….We need you in the sport but not like this. True story.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

And nobody’s judging btw….I know we all f up.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Cody was a consultant for Rocket. He is no longer associated with Rocket1. Caught him stealing money. Whatever he is doing now is on his own. Guy can make a car go fast but the amount of baggage that comes with it is usually not worth it.
    Why is it some people have it right in front of them but, for whatever reason they do dumb stuff to screw it up. He seems to be a talented induvial and hopefully he can get it together and do better.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Cars aren't always sent down the road because of performance. Marlar can win with anything.
    MBR brings common sense to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Why is it some people have it right in front of them but, for whatever reason they do dumb stuff to screw it up. He seems to be a talented induvial and hopefully he can get it together and do better.
    That loser needs to be banned from the sport. He has stolen from so many teams.
    Anyone hiring him gets what they deserve. If Richards lost money its his own fault for hiring him. Can't feel sorry for anyone that gives the 10 time loser a chance. Once a thief, always a thief.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    That loser needs to be banned from the sport. He has stolen from so many teams.
    Anyone hiring him gets what they deserve. If Richards lost money its his own fault for hiring him. Can't feel sorry for anyone that gives the 10 time loser a chance. Once a thief, always a thief.
    Good point. I didn't realize he was a habitual thief and yes you're right once a thief always a thief.