Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mod Runner View Post
    Sounds like Rocketshepp gave the Longhorns a good run with the Rocket, especially early in the race.
    Overton and BShepp raced for position for about 50 laps, til Overton finally took the spot. I’m sure they both used their stuff up a little while TMac was cruising out front. Overton still almost got him at the end though. Another lap or two and the 76 is probably in victory lane. He’s won a bunch of them that way.

Too bad Chris Madden wasn’t there but I’m glad he was able to spend a weekend with his family

The Overton/Sheppard battle was the highlight of the event.
    8/13/16

Thornton made a mid race charge to 6th that was also pretty fun to watch. The fact that the super and crate race were both lead wire to wire didnt pass me though.

Quote Originally Posted by YeetIt View Post
    Thornton made a mid race charge to 6th that was also pretty fun to watch. The fact that the super and crate race were both lead wire to wire didnt pass me though.
    That's what happens with these terrible formats. Especially with the dash for the crates. The more you filter and sort the cars by speed, the less passing there is going to be. But these drivers don't want to have to pass anybody anymore.

A lapped car (Eckert) raced Overton a lot harder than a lapped car should. That gave TMac a pretty big cushion that Overton had to make back up. If you’re not fast enough to race for the lead, don’t hinder the drivers that are fast enough.

^
    You have got to be kidding
    8/13/16

I can see racing the leader hard to keep from going a lap down, but TMac had already gone by Eckert. Eckert wasn’t racing anybody for position, if he lets Overton and Marler go by, it doesn’t effect him at all.

Rick schwallie said it was likely the largest crowd to ever see a Lucas oil race Saturday night

Out of curiosity, how many people can Lernerville hold? It looked like a massive crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Rick schwallie said it was likely the largest crowd to ever see a Lucas oil race Saturday night
    For that race I believe, not history.

I was there-and I believe James Essex announced over 12k were there.
    It was a full house and enthusiastic crowd- good racing atmosphere. Facilities (not the track) would compare with Florence and Portsmouth.
    The only negative aspect to Lernerville- more seating capacity than parking capacity for vehicles. They announced over 600 campers were there-so I’m sure that depleted some parking area. Nonetheless-I will be back next year!
    Purse increase for the 3 days-40k
    Twin 5k races on Thursday/Friday
    50k to win on Saturday.
    My first time to Lernerville-probably be an annual trip now.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    For that race I believe, not history.
    https://www.dirtondirt.com/dirtwire.php That’s not what it says here

Would be hard to believe there were more at Lernerville than the 2010 hillbilly 100 at WVMS. As packed as I have ever seen a place, lawn chairs two deep on the hillside, elbows to asses. Entire back stretch was jam packed as well.

Lernerville's Firecracker weekend rivals the PDC when it comes to camping. Maybe bigger. Was there back when Bloomer had Tommy Hicks and the pea green car. Folks were tent camping on some of the most unlevel ground I've ever seen. Looked like a wild time. Most campers I had ever seen up to that point and time. I stayed at a hotel.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Out of curiosity, how many people can Lernerville hold? It looked like a massive crowd.
    12k in the bleachers.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 06-27-2022 at 09:42 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Lernerville's Firecracker weekend rivals the PDC when it comes to camping. Maybe bigger. Was there back when Bloomer had Tommy Hicks and the pea green car. Folks were tent camping on some of the most unlevel ground I've ever seen. Looked like a wild time. Most campers I had ever seen up to that point and time. I stayed at a hotel.
    There were over 600 campgrounds.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Some of the claims being made about this years Lernerville race are unbelievable. Was it the biggest crowd during the Thomson ownership, absolutely, but that was a norm for this race 10 yrs. ago. Seems alot of people forget that WOO and WRG took over this track and kept it afloat before it was bought by the Thomson's. Did they lose about 1/4 of their campers and crowd when they implemented paid camping, yes they did. Was a bump expected this year with a new series, drivers and increase in purse (Thanks Big River Steel), yes again. Glad to see new life injected into this race as it has been one of the bigger events in western Pa. Comparing it to Portsmouth is laughable. Portsmouth is a dusty, dingy $hithole.

Bleedblue
    Reread my post! #32
    I said facilities (not track) compared to Portsmouth & Florence. Meaning type of bleachers, restrooms, concession stands.
    As far as dust- Lernerville was dusty both Friday & Saturday. Saturday was the worst- but also the hottest and most racing laps put on the track.
    After only 1 visit at Lernerville - I will take the racing there over Portsmouth- but all track conditions are subject to change.
    For example: never dreamed I would witness a total pathetic track at Eldora as we did for the Castrol/Flo race.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    That's what happens with these terrible formats. Especially with the dash for the crates. The more you filter and sort the cars by speed, the less passing there is going to be. But these drivers don't want to have to pass anybody anymore.
    So penalizing the fastest drivers that earned their spot at the front of the field is what you'd like? So if there is zero passing, the fastest cars don't win, but the cars that win a lottery draw win instead is fair or a "better show"? It's silly to say drivers don't want to pass anyone anymore. Of course they do, but they need rules and a track that allows them to race.

I'm glad so many people had a good time at the show. I know it's a big race in that area, but it was boring to watch on Mav and Rocket has been reduced to a joke except for the house car. It will really suck if Rocket is the next big name chassis to fade into oblivion because there ain't no other competition left for Longhorn after that. What were there like 8 of the top 9 Longhorns or was it 9 of 10? It would be cool if Bloomer produced more cars. They seem to give Longhorn a run for their money.

The sport is changing and the more it changes, the more it stays the same.