Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I didn’t get to watch any of this. Was the track prep ok and could you make passes on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Snake X3 View Post
    So penalizing the fastest drivers that earned their spot at the front of the field is what you'd like? So if there is zero passing, the fastest cars don't win, but the cars that win a lottery draw win instead is fair or a "better show"? It's silly to say drivers don't want to pass anyone anymore. Of course they do, but they need rules and a track that allows them to race.

I'm glad so many people had a good time at the show. I know it's a big race in that area, but it was boring to watch on Mav and Rocket has been reduced to a joke except for the house car. It will really suck if Rocket is the next big name chassis to fade into oblivion because there ain't no other competition left for Longhorn after that. What were there like 8 of the top 9 Longhorns or was it 9 of 10? It would be cool if Bloomer produced more cars. They seem to give Longhorn a run for their money.

The sport is changing and the more it changes, the more it stays the same.
    Longhorns are definitely the faster cars on the national stage right now, but you do realize Dennis Erb swept I-55 in a rocket, Sheppard won Jacksonville in a rocket, Jacob Hawkins won $10k at Atomic in a rocket just this past weekend. Rocket isn't going anywhere.

Oh, and 1 of the top 2 drivers in the country is also in a rocket.

So Chris Madden has been reduced to a joke.
    The stuff you read on here makes you shake your head and think WTF.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    So Chris Madden has been reduced to a joke.
    The stuff you read on here makes you shake your head and think WTF.
    Yeah. That was a pretty stupid comment on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Longhorns are definitely the faster cars on the national stage right now, but you do realize Dennis Erb swept I-55 in a rocket, Sheppard won Jacksonville in a rocket, Jacob Hawkins won $10k at Atomic in a rocket just this past weekend. Rocket isn't going anywhere.

Oh, and 1 of the top 2 drivers in the country is also in a rocket.
    How many Longhorns were at I-55? Feger and......

Yes. I completely forgot about Madden. I know. I know. The point is the same though. Whether it's Sheppard and Madden or just Sheppard, Rocket is suffering right now and I'd hate to see Rocket go the way of the dinosaur. Sure...that is very unlikely, but I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I enjoy watching a variety of chassis compete and the number has been dwindling compared to 7-8 years ago.

So penalizing the fastest drivers that earned their spot at the front of the field is what you'd like? So if there is zero passing, the fastest cars don't win, but the cars that win a lottery draw win instead is fair or a "better show"? It's silly to say drivers don't want to pass anyone anymore. Of course they do, but they need rules and a track that allows them to race.

I'm glad so many people had a good time at the show. I know it's a big race in that area, but it was boring to watch on Mav and Rocket has been reduced to a joke except for the house car. It will really suck if Rocket is the next big name chassis to fade into oblivion because there ain't no other competition left for Longhorn after that. What were there like 8 of the top 9 Longhorns or was it 9 of 10? It would be cool if Bloomer produced more cars. They seem to give Longhorn a run for their money.

The sport is changing and the more it changes, the more it stays the same.
    I disagree. They don't want to pass. They want a straight up format. Sure, the cars have a hard time passing with the current aero issues, but rewind the bodies and guys are still going to cry at Florence with the pill draw format at the North South.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

The top 10 at lernerville was 6 longhorns, 3 rockets and a black diamond

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I disagree. They don't want to pass. They want a straight up format. Sure, the cars have a hard time passing with the current aero issues, but rewind the bodies and guys are still going to cry at Florence with the pill draw format at the North South.
    I don't understand what you mean. Of course the top drivers want a straight up format and don't want to be put behind cars that ran slower in qualifying and heats. They already beat them. And with cars being so equal, if a track does not provide multi-groove racing, that is a significant advantage being awarded to drivers that didn't earn it. No other major sports handicap their contests.

I'm not certain what you are disagreeing with. Not trying to be a d1ck. I'm just unclear on the point you are trying to make. Is it that you believe pill draws are a good thing because.....why? It's not a big deal in 100 lappers on tracks with multi-groove racing, but at tracks where passing is at a premium, it's just rewarding failure.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    The top 10 at lernerville was 6 longhorns, 3 rockets and a black diamond
    Yeah, but the 5 Longhorns were in the top 6. I think there were only 3 or 4 other Longhorns entered outside of the top 10.

The Million: Top 4 - Longhorn
    Historic 100: Podium - Longhorn, as well as 7 of the top 8 and 8 of the top 10.

Do I really have to go on?
    Last edited by Snake X3; 06-28-2022 at 12:09 PM.

So much untrue info here. Million 2nd place: Rocket.

WOO
    XRSS
    LUCAS OIL

All three series led by drivers of Rockets.

Snake, I think you're more worried about Rocket than Mark is. Just sayin
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by johnE View Post
    So much untrue info here. Million 2nd place: Rocket.

WOO
    XRSS
    LUCAS OIL

All three series led by drivers of Rockets.
    He doesn't like Smokey 😁
    8/13/16

How many Longhorns were at I-55? Feger and......

Yes. I completely forgot about Madden. I know. I know. The point is the same though. Whether it's Sheppard and Madden or just Sheppard, Rocket is suffering right now and I'd hate to see Rocket go the way of the dinosaur. Sure...that is very unlikely, but I'm hoping it doesn't happen. I enjoy watching a variety of chassis compete and the number has been dwindling compared to 7-8 years ago.
    Rocket sells at least 3x the cars Longhorn does. This idea they are in trouble is laughable.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Rocket sells at least 3x the cars Longhorn does. This idea they are in trouble is laughable.
    I didn't say they were in trouble. I said it would suck if they were.

He doesn't like Smokey 
    That's not true. He's one of my favorites. I think it's just a mental block. I guess in my head I always think of him in the Capital/Longhorn.

Snake, I think you're more worried about Rocket than Mark is. Just sayin
    LOL I am not worried about Rocket. I just think their performance is not very good compared to Longhorn.

Yeah, but the 5 Longhorns were in the top 6. I think there were only 3 or 4 other Longhorns entered outside of the top 10.

The Million: Top 4 - Longhorn
    Historic 100: Podium - Longhorn, as well as 7 of the top 8 and 8 of the top 10.

Do I really have to go on?
    Listen I don't much care for Madden either, but you keep forgetting the 44. ROCKET.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Listen I don't much care for Madden either, but you keep forgetting the 44. ROCKET.
    LOL I know. I have brain damage.

I don't understand what you mean. Of course the top drivers want a straight up format and don't want to be put behind cars that ran slower in qualifying and heats. They already beat them. And with cars being so equal, if a track does not provide multi-groove racing, that is a significant advantage being awarded to drivers that didn't earn it. No other major sports handicap their contests.

I'm not certain what you are disagreeing with. Not trying to be a d1ck. I'm just unclear on the point you are trying to make. Is it that you believe pill draws are a good thing because.....why? It's not a big deal in 100 lappers on tracks with multi-groove racing, but at tracks where passing is at a premium, it's just rewarding failure.
    Just because a guy times well, doesn't mean he will race well. He hasn't beat anyone. Things change a lot on a dirt track. The fans deserve to see passing, not parading. At most woo and Lucas events, they get the parade.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

LOL I am not worried about Rocket. I just think their performance is not very good compared to Longhorn.
    The xr1 is getting a little long in the tooth and they are developing a new car. They will be back.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1