Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

As far as best in the country Madden is doing really well in the Rocket! I have been very impressed at his team and how he is winning the biggest races against the best Longhorn drivers/teams.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Just because a guy times well, doesn't mean he will race well. He hasn't beat anyone. Things change a lot on a dirt track. The fans deserve to see passing, not parading. At most woo and Lucas events, they get the parade.
    I am just a fan and I'd rather see a fair race than a pill draw, especially if there is only one groove. But I won't belabor the point. I respect your opinion. I just disagree...which I think you said at the start.

I like having the top 6 pill drop. Especially in a race where a lot of cars show up and track changes in qualifying affect things. Group A and B qualifying helps a bit

Bshepp can jump in the B5 prepared by his uncles and adds his shock package/setup. He then goes out and whips the WOO at Jacksonville. How could anyone thinks that is possible but not possible for the Rocket1 car to have that same setup is hilarious. I guess Brandon is preparing for life after Rocket1 and doesn’t want to share his secrets to take home a larger winnings percentage hahaha… it’s pretty obvious that Mark runs the show and decides if they are testing all year or racing… 2 years ago the won 900k and cleaned up but the problem is you can’t do that year after year and expect people to keep buying cars from you if they know that you have an advantage and won’t share knowledge. You also can’t give regional guys info that the touring guys don’t have… Best solution is to spend races testing setups in race conditions. You take your best known setup for a place which is already better then your competitors/ customers and make one or two changes at a time. Most of the times you miss and learn what not to do.. a few time you hit and learn stuff to do. Now your best known setup is 1 or two changes better then your customers and competitors. All of this while running in the top 5 most nights because you never made drastic changes from your best setup which was better then everyone else’s so the overall setup is still pretty competitive and can make some money while gaining a future advantage.. with the way people switch chassis there is and advantage to have up and down years

..............🥴...............
    8/13/16

Thanks JB1390. Your explanation makes a lot of sense. 👍 Now does Madden share his secrets with Mark Richards or how does that relationship work? Or is Chris getting a lot of help from XR1 folks in West Virginia?

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Thanks JB1390. Your explanation makes a lot of sense.  Now does Madden share his secrets with Mark Richards or how does that relationship work? Or is Chris getting a lot of help from XR1 folks in West Virginia?
    Maybe Richards needs to hire Chris Madden or Huddy O'Neil for the house car ? B. Shepp just isn't gettin er' done at all in the biggest most high profile races anymore. . . .

I think Madden is a suspension/tire genius as well as a patient driver when he needs to be

I think Madden is a suspension/tire genius as well as a patient driver when he needs to be
    Maybe he could learn Mark Richards a few things to get the house car to be able to handle the wraith of those Longhorners in the BIG races ? ?

Madden is no dummy, but he has access to guys that are more technical.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Madden is no dummy, but he has access to guys that are more technical.
    I have heard that. He has good folks around him.

I know living in western Pa during the UFo tours prime ruined me. Sadly the pill draw deal just doesnt pan out anymore. Guys just wont support it, talking to a couple of the locals saturday at Lernerville and really thinking about it, there might not legitmately be even 65-70 race ready supers left in western pa area to start with.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Maybe Richards needs to hire Chris Madden or Huddy O'Neil for the house car ? B. Shepp just isn't gettin er' done at all in the biggest most high profile races anymore. . . .
    I'm glad that he listened , finally ! ! ! ! !

I'm glad that he listened , finally ! ! ! ! !
    Not sure if you're vain, stupid or both

All the 4m chassis experts out there no more than any builder out there. Heck richards be as dumb as a stone I'm a thunkin . LOL

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    All the 4m chassis experts out there no more than any builder out there. Heck richards be as dumb as a stone I'm a thunkin . LOL
    He reminds one of a Big old Dancing Bear and I've read where he has a very punchable face ? ?

Talking

Good Call ! !

Don't throw your arm out of socket patting yourself on the back. Tee hee

What to do about my swelled head on my prediction ? I'm glad somebody took notice on my suggestion and now young Huddy O'Nael is a World 100 Victor !

Hate to shrink that big head but according to one individual on here, it was on the fix that Dons young boy would win that globe this time round. Grin
    Last edited by SLlDlNG SIDEWAYS; 09-11-2023 at 12:21 PM.