Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Crowd

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Why would they spread their wings when there's some good money shows close to home. It make no sense. Especially how expensive stuff is right now. Most of the Illinois guys have already beat the best even at some crown jewels so, I'm not sure what more they have to prove.
    some believe you have to chase WoO or Lucas points in order to be good...i beg to differ

Illinois, Missouri, Iowa and Indiana have some of the best tracks in the country along with some of the best "local" racers. Why travel in todays economy when you can find a good paying race every weekend close to home. It is a business not a hobby for most of these guys. Take the Firecracker in Lernerville this past weekend they had 2- $6,000 to win shows and a $50,000 to win show. For the 50K to win show you would have had to finish 4th or better to make over $8,000. What did Bobby make from Wednesday thru Saturday racing around home. I'm sure a lot more when you figure expenses than even if he would have won the $50K. Purses are too top heavy for drivers to spend the cash to travel long distances in this economy without having deep pocket owners and sponsors. Both of which B-Shep has when he travels in the Rocket house car.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You're putting way too much thought in his posts.
    apparently! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    To the MOON ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by dgersh22 View Post
    Illinois, Missouri, Iowa and Indiana have some of the best tracks in the country along with some of the best "local" racers. Why travel in todays economy when you can find a good paying race every weekend close to home. It is a business not a hobby for most of these guys. Take the Firecracker in Lernerville this past weekend they had 2- $6,000 to win shows and a $50,000 to win show. For the 50K to win show you would have had to finish 4th or better to make over $8,000. What did Bobby make from Wednesday thru Saturday racing around home. I'm sure a lot more when you figure expenses than even if he would have won the $50K. Purses are too top heavy for drivers to spend the cash to travel long distances in this economy without having deep pocket owners and sponsors. Both of which B-Shep has when he travels in the Rocket house car.
    Great tracks. I agree. Upon retirement I’d like to spend a couple weeks going to races in the summer up there. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    To the MOON ? ?
    To the Moon Alice 😁

Pierce needs to spread his wings a bit ? The last I checked he has won several crown jewel events. I'm not a Pierce fan but I think he has already shown he can out run the best in the business at any given time when his car and mind are right. Not to mention how many Pierce late models are out there to share info with who are running on the national level ? Compare that to longhorn and rocket. I think the kid is doing what makes sense to try and make a living racing. Throw him some big sponsor money and I reckon he would travel with the big boys more often.

If I had to choose to only race in 1 region..it would be the midwest. Pretty much hard to find a bad track and they are all 3/8 or less for the most part.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    Pierce needs to spread his wings a bit ? The last I checked he has won several crown jewel events. I'm not a Pierce fan but I think he has already shown he can out run the best in the business at any given time when his car and mind are right. Not to mention how many Pierce late models are out there to share info with who are running on the national level ? Compare that to longhorn and rocket. I think the kid is doing what makes sense to try and make a living racing. Throw him some big sponsor money and I reckon he would travel with the big boys more often.
    Not this year. I’m only talking about this year. I’m a BP fan but not as much if he only runs in the mid west.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley View Post
    All except those 7 month long winters but I do agree the tracks are really really nice up there.

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    some believe you have to chase WoO or Lucas points in order to be good...i beg to differ
    I agree..................................

I and a few friends are getting all excited and giddy waiting for Bobby to run at Wayne County speedway [ formerly Buckeye Speedway } ! ! You can bet that he will run there like he does everywhere else , LOADED for BEAR ! !

I and a few friends are getting all excited and giddy waiting for Bobby to run at Wayne County speedway [ formerly Buckeye Speedway } ! ! You can bet that he will run there like he does everywhere else , LOADED for BEAR ! !
    That’s up by Cleveland, OH? Naaa (nothing good happens up there) 😜😁

It,s not near " The MISTAKE by the lake ". Orrville, Ohio is southwest of Akron. There is a big old Smuckers plant there.

It,s not near " The MISTAKE by the lake ". Orrville, Ohio is southwest of Akron. There is a big old Smuckers plant there.
    Related to Orville Wright? 😜

I am sure it was named after Barry's 4th cousin, Orrville. Most people do not realize that 'do it the Wright way' originated from their ancestors. Barry was always ahead of everyone back in the day with aero, always heard it was because he had his cousin's early notes on lift and applied it to help create downforce.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I am sure it was named after Barry's 4th cousin, Orrville. Most people do not realize that 'do it the Wright way' originated from their ancestors. Barry was always ahead of everyone back in the day with aero, always heard it was because he had his cousin's early notes on lift and applied it to help create downforce.
    Airplanes do require downforce as well as lift. You are on to something here with the Wright family.
    Last edited by Rajflyboy; 06-29-2022 at 12:34 PM.

It is near Wooster, Oh if'n youv'e heard tell of that.

Don't forget about Wayne County Speedway in Orville, OH.

1083 North Carr Road
    Orrville, Ohio 44667

A banked 3/8-mile clay oval. Weekly shows at Wayne County Speedway consist of complete racing programs for the 410 Sprint Cars, Super Late Models, Modifieds, Super Stocks and Mini Stocks.