Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Crowd

Default Illinois Crowd

A lot of those drivers are staying in their own region. That crowds a little clicky up there. I want to see Bobby spread his wings a bit. B Shepp goes back there and steals a win last night. At least JD, Scottie, Fergy Time and sometimes Madden are traveling around trying to beat the best (wherever that may be).

Really that’s all you’ve got?

Sheppard won in his own car. Do you really think his grandfather or his dad is gonna pay the diesel bill to go hunt down Davenport or madden when Mark Richards is gonna pay for it on 89 other occasions a year?

The pierce clan doesn’t run great on a national level so it’s best they stay in Illinois, beat up on the hell tour crowd and sell more cars. With diesel the way it is, nobody is looking to beat Davenport or madden when they can spend thousands less on fuel, and actually stand a chance to turn a profit.

The guys that we think should attempt to run with Davenport and madden don’t really give a d@mn about what we would like for them to do. They can’t run with them anyway, they may as well stay home and race there.

Why would one travel outside the midwest when their are plenty good paying racing in the area?
    8/13/16

Why travel when there is a bunch of money to be made in Midwest. The fans and the tracks in the Midwest are second to none. Some of the bests have come up to Illinois and had hard time winning.

To say B-Shepp "steals a win" is pretty misleading, even insulting. Nothing was given to him, he earned it. And yes, the one thing Illinois actually has going for it is the quality and quantity of dirt track racing. Especially at this time of the year, there's some decent money to be made by the likes of Pierce and Shirley. And the thought of sleeping in your own bed or working out of your own shop a night or two in between sweetens the deal that much more.

Consider the source boys.

Exactly- thank you Penn!

B Shepp is the only one who is consistently touring the nation. Dennis Erb did great at Florida speed weeks. Bobby needs to spread his wings a bit. Get out of your own backyard once in a while.

I can think of 7 states that Bobby has raced in this year. Dennis is leading the WOO points and won twice at Pevely this last weekend. BShep just won at the closest track to where he lives in his own equipment. Get out of your basement once in awhile.

My bad, after looking at BP schedule he has raced in 10 states already this year. Get your checkbook out and sponsor someones diesel bill.

He went to Vado, Al Tech for 2 nights and Eldora for the weekend. Other than that he hasn’t been out much. Not like JD, Bloomer, Fergy and some others.

Fly, even Fergy and Madden have skipped multiple big events. The only one racing every big event seems to be JD and Overton.

Fergy has hot a lot of them. But yes…. We need to get the fuel and travel prices down and make it easier for teams to travel. You folks are right about that.

Did you really use Bloomer as an example of racers that are out racing all over the country?

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    Did you really use Bloomer as an example of racers that are out racing all over the country?
    You're putting way too much thought in his posts.
    8/13/16

Fly with another brilliant post. "That crowds a little clicky up there". How about passionate race teams and fans.
    B-Shepp drives all night, races 15 minutes from his home town and picks up a historic WoO win. Stealing? Find the video of the crowd going crazy for his win and you'll understand die-hard IL fans. Summer Nationals have had better than expected car counts and crowds this year. Last time I checked these teams weren't non-profit teams. How about $6.00 a gallon diesel fuel? You got that? I guess your post #14, 4th on your own thread, you finally figured it out and agreed with others, as you do well.

I already said that B Shepp is one that races everywhere. I’m not talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    A lot of those drivers are staying in their own region. That crowds a little clicky up there. I want to see Bobby spread his wings a bit. B Shepp goes back there and steals a win last night. At least JD, Scottie, Fergy Time and sometimes Madden are traveling around trying to beat the best (wherever that may be).
    As per usual this is another of your great thought invoking posts ! The Illinois fans are happy to have Bobby race nearby because to them he is of rockstar status. Those other boys that you mentioned are willing to frequent any old port in the storm.
    Last edited by Raceready; 06-27-2022 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Why would they spread their wings when there's some good money shows close to home. It make no sense. Especially how expensive stuff is right now. Most of the Illinois guys have already beat the best even at some crown jewels so, I'm not sure what more they have to prove.