Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Benton Mo summer national race cancelled

They are running the late models but not a summer nationals event due to track conditions
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Don’t know if I’ve ever seen a track more poorly prepared at the start of hot laps. Looked like somebody was trying to ration water out and use as little as they could.

That was brutal. I knew the second hotlaps started nothing good was coming out of tonight. The stands were MAYBE 10% full.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

I watched the first few hot laps and knew this would be a long night.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

There goes 400 miles of wasted fuel. What a joke.
    8/13/16

Driggers, UMP, WRG, somebody owes the series followers a gas voucher. They're responsible for researching these tracks before scheduling. This is on UMP as much as it is the track promoter.
    8/13/16

Too bad they forgot to burrow the keys for it.

Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Driggers, UMP, WRG, somebody owes the series followers a gas voucher. They're responsible for researching these tracks before scheduling. This is on UMP as much as it is the track promoter.

Some of this could be prevented by getting the purses in line with the times. If the track can't pay the purse of a $10,000 weekday show or $15-20,000 weekend show, there is prolly a reason. Especially when they're charging $25-$30 at the front gate.
    Last edited by ImCryn2; 06-29-2022 at 09:33 PM.

UMP got greedy by extending the series to begin with. They can take a bow for ruining the Summer Nationals Tour. Go back to 4 weeks with less tracks and end it 2 nights at Fairbury with the winner getting a 100,000 for the championship.

I've said for yrs UMP,WRG was a scam, ole Sam the Scam hasn't even been to most of the summer nat tracks. Bob Memer is rolling over. Wrg needs to get it in there brain fans come to see stars in the cars. Drivers need to ban together for higher purses at least moderately decent tracks . Some of the sh!t wholes they go to is a f n joke. Memer wanted all Summer Nats 10,000 whatever happend to that. Ump, WRG is like Watergate follow the money you'll get to the real scam

100 percent.

sounds like to me they need a swing arm mount on the rr, lmao , and run a standard spring on the rf lmao

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    UMP got greedy by extending the series to begin with. They can take a bow for ruining the Summer Nationals Tour. Go back to 4 weeks with less tracks and end it 2 nights at Fairbury with the winner getting a 100,000 for the championship.
    The Summernats started off as 7 races and went to 10 a couple years later. It lost its its way a long time ago.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Here's 14 historical tracks that have been on the schedule forever and if scheduled properly, would require minimal travel.
    Brownstown
    FC
    FALs
    Spoon
    Peoria
    Highland
    Lincoln
    Jacksonville
    Tri City
    Pevely
    Macon
    Clarksville
    Tri State
    KKK

Keep it simple.
    8/13/16

That random trip to Wayne County Ohio is a head scratcher. Especially for $5,000.

This falls on Sam as the head of the series. Why are they going to multiple tracks that haven't had a race for years? I thought there were more tracks wanting a race than they had dates. They have done good things with the weekly payouts but the $5k purse is a joke for what things cost nowadays, and they need to focus on going to proven tracks in the vicinity of UMP country - even if it means going somewhere twice like there are with Fayette County. I am sure there are tracks in Iowa and Indiana that would love to host. Dirtcar needs to lower sanction fees if thats an issue. Its time for Sam to step aside and someone else to come in because it can and should be better.

Keep Davenport on there Hustler! I know we’re newer, but we have one of the finest facilities and tracks on the tour here.

I'm with ya BirkyTime15B. There's a few more Davenport being one. LaSalle could pack the place if for just one event. Not sure what happened to Belle Claire. Logistically Moline would be a great track.
    8/13/16

Here's 14 historical tracks that have been on the schedule forever and if scheduled properly, would require minimal travel.
    Brownstown
    FC
    FALs
    Spoon
    Peoria
    Highland
    Lincoln
    Jacksonville
    Tri City
    Pevely
    Macon
    Clarksville
    Tri State
    KKK

Keep it simple.
    It Would be great to see something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    It Would be great to see something like this.
    Did your friend get an ID yet ?