Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Exclamation Dillner

BBQ, Dillner was much more enjoyable in that video than he is on broadcast. Impressed me. I wish I could pin point why exactly DLM fans don't enjoy Dillner, I've been critical of his abilities as well. Would it be wrong for me to assume that the reason the majority of fans don't like listening to Diller is because he doesn't seem like he's one of us? And by that, I mean, he doesn't seem to know the sport inside and out like many of us die hard fans.

I was just getting ready to ask that same question. Why no love for Dillner? Haven't been a Mav subscriber so really can't pass judgment here. Lot of folks seem to have a problem with him.
    8/13/16

So Mav is giving a refund at the end of the month on annual subscriptions. Seeing as how the June broadcasts were free and the July broadcasts are duplicates if you have both, they're basically screwing people out of 2 months of their subscription.

"So Mav is giving a refund at the end of the month on annual subscriptions. Seeing as how the June broadcasts were free and the July broadcasts are duplicates if you have both, they're basically screwing people out of 2 months of their subscription."

Can't please everyone. I am still upset that DoD subscribers got access to Flo but existing Flo subscribers never got access to Dirt on Dirt...that being said, it is a great time to be a dirt track fan. Just look back to five years ago and where we are today. For a fairly small price, we get to watch a ton of racing on a nightly basis. We are spoiled and always want more in life I guess.

Way I read this is Flo is buying out a competitor. After end of July, essentially, MavTV Plus goes away. Am I correct in this assumption?

Edit:

MAVTV Motorsports Network programming will still be available through cable television and select digital outlets with FloSports becoming MAVTV Plus' dedicated direct-to-consumer live-streaming platform.

<<<still reads to me that I'll have to pay 150 bucks years for what I was paying 8 bucks a month.>>
    Last edited by KTMLew; 07-01-2022 at 06:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    "So Mav is giving a refund at the end of the month on annual subscriptions. Seeing as how the June broadcasts were free and the July broadcasts are duplicates if you have both, they're basically screwing people out of 2 months of their subscription."

Can't please everyone. I am still upset that DoD subscribers got access to Flo but existing Flo subscribers never got access to Dirt on Dirt...that being said, it is a great time to be a dirt track fan. Just look back to five years ago and where we are today. For a fairly small price, we get to watch a ton of racing on a nightly basis. We are spoiled and always want more in life I guess.
    I'm paying for Flo, Mav and Dirtvision. I may be spoiled but I'm still getting screwed out of two months of service. That's still better than the subscribers who have had issues with the Lucas to Mav switch all along. Mav should give full refunds to anyone who was subscribed this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    Way I read this is Flo is buying out a competitor. After end of July, essentially, MavTV Plus goes away. Am I correct in this assumption?

Edit:

MAVTV Motorsports Network programming will still be available through cable television and select digital outlets with FloSports becoming MAVTV Plus' dedicated direct-to-consumer live-streaming platform.

<<<still reads to me that I'll have to pay 150 bucks years for what I was paying 8 bucks a month.>>
    Not sure what you were paying $8 for, but you weren't getting everything for that $8. Yes, you will now have to subscribe to Flo and it will cost you $150 a year ($12.50 a month, or be dumb and pay monthly @$30 a month!) for 100 times more programming. The other racing may not be your cup of tea but at least you will be able to watch what you want (LOLMDS) without issue! That can be priceless after this MavTVPlus nonsense!!

So with MAVTV I'm grandfathered in at 60 bucks a year. I wonder what will happen with that?

I guess mavtv will owe you $5 on each month left on your subscription.

Ok. I surrender. Clicked on Reply with quote...went over and washed breakfast dishes from yesterday, fried 2 eggs, made toast & cup of tea. Nothing had happened. Thing was a spinning but still on same page. If I move cursor anywhere but this quick reply box, spinning thing is still spinning. Later folks. This ain't worth the hassle.

Ok. I surrender. Clicked on Reply with quote...went over and washed breakfast dishes from yesterday, fried 2 eggs, made toast & cup of tea. Nothing had happened. Thing was a spinning but still on same page. If I move cursor anywhere but this quick reply box, spinning thing is still spinning. Later folks. This ain't worth the hassle.
    Double click it.

Sounds like MAV is still going to be using their equiptment for streaming. FLO has been much easier to deal with on the customer service end of things the last year, so that's a huge advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I was just getting ready to ask that same question. Why no love for Dillner? Haven't been a Mav subscriber so really can't pass judgment here. Lot of folks seem to have a problem with him.
    OK. That works. Thank you!

TerryM---Highside messaged me. That works! Thanks guys.

It was 7.99 month for MavTVPlus. I only watch Lucas and an occasional Motocross. I'm waiting to see what happens with my Spectrum Internet deal. Expecting to have to cancel for 30 days and start over. Their plans that aren't contracts but expire anyway are bizarre.

It was 7.99 month for MavTVPlus. I only watch Lucas and an occasional Motocross. I'm waiting to see what happens with my Spectrum Internet deal. Expecting to have to cancel for 30 days and start over. Their plans that aren't contracts but expire anyway are bizarre.
    Not all Lucas races are/were included in the monthly subscription. If you aren't currently a Flo subscriber, you'll have to be later this month in order to continue watching Lucas races. The good thing is there is a wealth of racing that could interest you.