Default The end for I-96

Word Been going around that I-96 Speedway is shutting down after this week. Apparently they were not even going to run this weekend but GLSS rented the track for their scheduled race. Just said to see another dirt track close. There was rumors last year that there was a couple partys interested to buy the track…Neither were to keep it operating…

So no he11 tour event? That would probably be a money maker. Strange timing.
    8/13/16

They announced this morning that they are canceling their hell tour date. Wonder if a different track will pick it up?
    2023 race count: Winston Speedway (MI)-3, Spoon River Speedway (IL)-1, Lincoln Speedway (IL)-1, Farmer City Raceway (IL)-1, Fairbury American Legion Speedway (IL)-1, Thunderbird Raceway (MI)-7, Kokomo Speedway (IN)-1, Butler Motor Speedway (MI)-1, Mt.Pleasant Speedway (MI)-1, I-96 Speedway (MI)-1, Merritt Speedway (MI)-3

I just seen on their Facebook post that they cancelled due to monster trucks running ten minuets away and not sure they can risk fans not showing up.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - Rumble in Ft Wayne. Indoor Midget show. Sat., 12/30/23
    2023 Season: Tracks 13 & Races 40 & States AL, IL, IN, NC, OH, WI
    Brownstown (IN) 2, Eldora (OH) 3, Fairbury (IL) 9, Grundy County (IL) 1, Kankakee (IL) 7, Kokomo (IN) 2, Lincoln (IL) 1, Shadyhill (IN) 6, Spoon River (IL) 1, Talladega Short Track (AL) 3, The Dirt Track at Charlotte (NC) 3, & Wilmot (WI) 1

Glad the rumor mill source was wrong on permanent closing. I-96 running this weekend on normal Friday night and have announced the cancelled Hell Tour show. Plan on catching the Hell Tour at Butler Motor Speedway on Thursday, July 21.

Per SN Twitter:

⚠️ SCHEDULE UPDATE ⚠️

The DIRTcar Summer Nationals & @SummitRacing Modified Nationals event at @i96speedway, originally set for Fri. July 15, has been canceled.

DIRTcar officials are currently working to find another track to host a race on that date; details forthcoming. https://t.co/1qnac1LKzw
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

https://www.wlns.com/news/dice-auto-...D3AKkltI6jHL4#This is the guy who owns the track. Unless someone comes in to take it over it’s not looking good. Yes they are racing this weekend but it’s a week by week thing to my understanding.

At least we still have I 94 speedway up in Fergus Falls. I have been up there. Nice track.