Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lb_sa View Post
    Jason Jameson finished 4th and Robby Hensley was running in the top 5 until he had a flat. Believe it or not, it helps to have more laps on a track than other competitors. This is the case at every dirt track in America. This post is comical. Way to go, Josh!
    That's not the topic of discussion, nor are those guys usually a factor in a Lucas race at Florence. The OP asked a question about motivation for what was done to the track. That can't be proven either way. The result is what it is and was quite easy to predict.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    That's not the topic of discussion, nor are those guys usually a factor in a Lucas race at Florence. The OP asked a question about motivation for what was done to the track. That can't be proven either way. The result is what it is and was quite easy to predict.
    They sprayed the loose stuff and didn’t the bottom because it was rubbering. Seen it done at many tracks. Was there way more passing in the feature than the heats? Yes. Seems like the track prep was just fine. The others should run the top just as well as Josh if they are the best in the business. The North South is 100 laps that top will be worn off at the end, let me know when you find the prototypical track prep for a 60 lap race, when all the heats were get to the bottom as fast as you can. It didn’t matter if it was Rice or Sheppard, nobody was passing in the heats. Rice can run the bottom there just as good as everyone else as well.

There was passing in the heat. The great Sheppard went backwards in the latter part of his heat. That's because he was passed. Rice is absolutely not that great running the bottom. He's not even as good as his brother at that.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    There was passing in the heat. The great Sheppard went backwards in the latter part of his heat. That's because he was passed. Rice is absolutely not that great running the bottom. He's not even as good as his brother at that.
    Not sure what races you were watching but the heats were a train race on the bottom. Sheppard got passed by one car at the line side by side (wouldn’t really call that backwards) because he moved up a lane, further proving my point that it was a train race on the bottom. He’s as good as any of those guys at Florence on the bottom. Maybe not at other tracks, but he can certainly hold his own there. The racing was much better in the feature, and that’s what the point of track prep is. Oh well, I enjoyed the feature. Tata.

58 walked away from Sheppard and Rice's brother passed him. Shep stuck with that high line most of the race. Jameson went to the tail and rallied past some Lucas guys to make the show in his heat. Gilpin held his own on the outside in his heat. EPJ didn't hug the bottom in his win.

People like top trains better than bottom trains, I get that.

The track prep also played to what Rice does well, intentional or not. Tata
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 07-01-2022 at 12:01 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

bummer this race didnt get run back in the spring...when it was a little cooler and moister...was kinda hot today. at least we got to see some LMs race!!!! (seems the promoter is always the turd when it comes to the track, love it or hate it)..Yea Jameson

Whoever drove the #89 car used the whole track. He started last in the B main and finished second, and then made it to 7th in the A main. He used the bottom and also the top.

NASCAR will use VHT at some tracks and only in one lane or so. No different than Florence prepping only the top.

this post is what id expect out of a richards fan

Rice runs the top well, that’s about it. I agree with MB racer and the OP.

No way Rice wins the race if top wasn’t prepared just for him. Everyone likes when the local guy wins, but when it’s blatantly obvious the King’s catered to him, it kinda puts an asterisk by the win.

Yay, way to go Josh, congrats on the win*

Very disappointed in this race … there was no 4-wide salute!

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    I was there and Josh put on show. He whipped every car out there. The fans loved it. Kid can wheel a car and runs good just about everywhere goes. Yes, best a Florence. So boo hoo if you want but that feature was a show and the star put butts in the seats

BTW when Florence is right, this is the track you will see That is what makes it special
    I'm glad the kid won, it's cool seeing different people win national races, especially regional aces. However, he's 10x better at Florence than he is any other track in the nation.

Racing is entertainment and about satisfying the fans in the stands.
    Take a track poll from last night and some of y'alls will be the minority.
    And I'll take banging the cushion over finesse any day of the week. You want finesse, go watch pavement racing.
    8/13/16

Now we’re putting asterisks by wins lol. Goofiest post I’ve seen in a while. Maybe you can call and tell them how you’d like the track prepped for the North South!

It’s all about putting fans in the seats and having a hometown boy win obviously helps with that. I agree the track prep was geared towards Rices driving style , anyone could tell what was going to happen well before it did. I’ve never seen the cameras follow someone from 9th to the lead, I think we saw every pass he made. Winger was coming to the front but no one would of known, I don’t think I saw him once in the 60 laps.

Should I go ahead and sell my N/S tickets and cancel my motel room now since the King family at Florence will have the track especially prepped for Josh?????
    😀😀

Florence has always watered the top before every special feature that they've had, even well before Rice even started racing. That isn't anything new. Did you ever think that maybe he's so good at running the top there because they have always prepped the track that way so he has had plenty of practice at it? This may be the dumbest post ever on 4m and that is really saying something considering how high the stupidity bar has been set on this forum.

"every" is an indefensible word. They do it a lot. More so, back in the black ice days. In 2020 and 2021 the track was all topside most of the night, with a lot of moisture in it. This year, they hardly water it at all. It's become a cheap admission, cheap class track where they save money by parking The water truck. The exception is if they have supers, they go make the top fast for the feature. If supers are not on the card, they just let the track become what it becomes.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    I'm glad the kid won, it's cool seeing different people win national races, especially regional aces. However, he's 10x better at Florence than he is any other track in the nation.
    He's been pretty good at Atomic the times I've seen him run there.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    He's been pretty good at Atomic the times I've seen him run there.
    Solid, yes. Probably his second best track but he's still no where near as good at Atomic as he is Florence.

So a young driver is better at his home track than he is anywhere else? Wow, that’s a shocker. The heats were clearly bottom dominant, and it looked like it might become a bottom lane snoozer if more track prep wasn’t done. So they prepped the track like any good promoter would. There was plenty of passing on the bottom too, in the consy and the feature. And since when did slide jobs and crossovers become bad racing? Geez, that’s the kind of stuff I pay to see. Without those kind of things, it’s basically asphalt racing. This is one of the silliest threads I’ve ever read on here. When the feature ended, I was thinking “nobody can complain about that one”!

I was wrong lol.