Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Rice At Florence

I fully believe they catered every bit of that trackwork to Josh Rices driving style because he is the Florence sweetheart and it’s the only track he’s a great driver at. They watered the top of that track and rolled it in and left a perfect cushion but didn’t touch the bottom at all for some of these other guys. As good as the bottom was in every heat, instead of giving it some moisture they rolled it during track prep and ruined it and made the top good for they favorite driver.
    Fan of anyone not named Bloomquist or Shirley

Can't the other drivers that are supposed to be professionals adapt their driving styles and set-ups to match these conditions ?
    Last edited by Raceready; 06-30-2022 at 09:56 PM.

Rice/Florence fast becoming my favorite 2 word saying. That race was fun to watch. Top 8 or 9 were really mixing it up.
    8/13/16

Hahaha, this is some top level crying right here. Way to go, Josh!

I call it how I see it, this kid runs Florence for a living. Why soak the top and roll the bottom during track prep? A good track has multiple lanes, that track had one single lane and it for sure wasn’t anywhere besides against the cushion. Imagine that.

I think I have heard it all now! What a stupid prospective! I guess they were also catering to Jason Jamison as well since he finished 4th?
    These 2 have a ton of laps on this track and it definitely showed tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    I think I have heard it all now! What a stupid prospective! I guess they were also catering to Jason Jamison as well since he finished 4th?
    These 2 have a ton of laps on this track and it definitely showed tonight!
    They did the same thing last year. Rice doesn't even come close to winning on the heat race conditions. He's not a guy that wins races on the finesse line.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

A good track has multiple lanes, why take the moisture from the bottom and soak the top during track prep? Nobody has answered my question just bashed my opinion lol imagine that

Quote Originally Posted by OGRichardsFan View Post
    A good track has multiple lanes, why take the moisture from the bottom and soak the top during track prep? Nobody has answered my question just bashed my opinion lol imagine that
    You do it for 1 of 2 reasons. To help the local guy or for the fans that like a dominant top where guys have to throw sliders. A lot of folks think that's good racing.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Did Tony Stewart make Eldora rough on purpose with new clay because the guy that won there liked it ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You do it for 1 of 2 reasons. To help the local guy or for the fans that like a dominant top where guys have to throw sliders. A lot of folks think that's good racing.
    Don’t get me wrong the kid is good on his track, just like Shepp at Jax, the year Pearson won it was racy all over, the last two years have been one laned around the cushion, can’t convince me it’s just a coincidence that their local guy is a pedal masher who has more laps around it then anyone in the country, just sucks to see when a touring series comes to town.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Did Tony Stewart make Eldora rough on purpose with new clay because the guy that won there liked it ? LOL
    Did you even read what you typed?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Yeah those heats were very entertaining… not. Is Josh donating back some of the winnings or something? Is this why they “catered” to him? Lol. This is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Not like all the drivers hated it and they cut it all off right? Lol bad comparison

Does the local kid winning 2 years in a row not make for the best story? They could have made the top good without taking all the moisture from the bottom.

The heat races sucked!
    If the track hadn’t widened out- the feature would have been a train on the bottom!
    Just my perspective on it.
    It will be interesting to read the post if Moran wins Sunday at his dads track!

I don't see how you could compare Moran winning at Musky. Nowhere else in the US can you have as much influence in the outcome of the race as you can at Florence in a race with Rice. If the top is fast, he wins or dnf. If top isn't the fast way, he doesn't win, period. Nobody is actually out running him if you make the top the best line.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

I was there and Josh put on show. He whipped every car out there. The fans loved it. Kid can wheel a car and runs good just about everywhere goes. Yes, best a Florence. So boo hoo if you want but that feature was a show and the star put butts in the seats

BTW when Florence is right, this is the track you will see That is what makes it special

Can’t the other drivers run the top also?
    That’s how Pierce beat Bloomer a few years ago for the N/S. Scott won’t run the top and it definitely effects his finishes ( not that he is even competitive anymore).
    Heck -even the King of Catfishing EPJ is adapting to the top if track conditions merit it.
    One thing to consider: the Lucas regulars are points racing- Rice has nothing to loose in mashing the pedal topside -except for repairing torn up equipment.
    He only had to look at winning tonight- the Lucas regulars were looking at the big picture of season ending points. After all it was a 15k race and not a 50k race-so they were looking at a decent finish.
    I hope we can agree to disagree- cause if we were all alike we would be rooting for the same driver.

Jason Jameson finished 4th and Robby Hensley was running in the top 5 until he had a flat. Believe it or not, it helps to have more laps on a track than other competitors. This is the case at every dirt track in America. This post is comical. Way to go, Josh!