Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Longhorn Are The Twisted Sister of DLM

Crazy the other guys don't see it. The rear half of the Longhorn body is mounted 10" to the right. At least.

OK. Now Erb's car looks like a Longhorn...

They got rules for that now. Haha. Can't be...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1

Steve Francis put the rule in place.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    Steve Francis put the rule in place.
    Other one of their dumb rules least as far as how they measure it and tech it!

My point is: I can roll a car thru tech and have the car just meet the min diagonal dimension (117"). I can then take the car home and work on the body and move the rear T bar/spoiler 6" to the right and adjust a few things and come back the next week and thru the same process of tech it will measure the same at 117" and be legal. The body is literally twisted another 6" to the right at the back and will still pass tech!

I'm NOT JOKING^^^^

I remember last year at Eldroa when they had the drone go over the cars and Bloomquists new car had what looked like the front way over to the left. Maybe it was an optical illusion and it was the rear of the car that was over to the right.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    I remember last year at Eldroa when they had the drone go over the cars and Bloomquists new car had what looked like the front way over to the left. Maybe it was an optical illusion and it was the rear of the car that was over to the right.
    Viewed from the top the "body" is rotated from 12 o clock or centerline to 10:30. The whole "body" is rotated. That's why it looks like the RF is sticking out. Then add the skew from 4-bar angles and it's all jacked-up sideways. But look at the LH door to quarter angle from the top. You can see where the door has an angle bent into the sheet metal. Has LR quarter & tail pulled to the right. You can't even see the LR corner from front of car.

I'm not sure what the solution would be. I'd like to see these cars with a straight/flat body & interior like they had immediately after the wedge cars. The car will still jack the LR up. That's caused by the 4-bar set-up and extra LR shock.

You want to see a bent car, check out Hoffmans modified up close.
    8/13/16

I noticed the mods at Florence looked like that too. Some more than others
    Scott Kleindorfer

Is this why they seem to be able to win races without starting on the front row?

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Is this why they seem to be able to win races without starting on the front row?
    Why do I think that you think you know the answer to your question?

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You want to see a bent car, check out Hoffmans modified up close.
    You can even see it on the livestream. He's modelled his car after a right footed running shoe.

sideforce =downforce
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Still can’t load ours into a 8.5’ wide trailer without taking some spring steel loose……

Quote Originally Posted by billetbirdcage View Post
    Other one of their dumb rules least as far as how they measure it and tech it!

My point is: I can roll a car thru tech and have the car just meet the min diagonal dimension (117"). I can then take the car home and work on the body and move the rear T bar/spoiler 6" to the right and adjust a few things and come back the next week and thru the same process of tech it will measure the same at 117" and be legal. The body is literally twisted another 6" to the right at the back and will still pass tech!

I'm NOT JOKING^^^^
    There are some sweked bodies for sure. Not to mention cars with higher decks and spoilers on the left side after the somehow get through tech.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
    There are some sweked bodies for sure. Not to mention cars with higher decks and spoilers on the left side after the somehow get through tech.
    If you mean at ride height, yes depending on the series. many series only measure the 39" on the RR and LR can be whatever it is as long as it passes the drop measurement when checked. So some may have the LR at 38 and some will be 42" or more at ride height

I love the creativity in order to try and get FASTER. This is better than having every car look identical.

I remember that a crew chief once told his driver " If you don't straighted up, I'll have the set -up so far off that the car will go through a corner looking like a Coyote all cramped up crapping out razor blades in a -40 below wind storm " ! ! Now all of the cars go around the corner with that stance ! ! !

Watching race @ Davenport. Overton's car had 2/3 of LR tire outside the body mid-corner. HTF do they do that with out cutting the tire down? Or possibly the LR corner is that far twisted?

Or maybe I'm hallucinating?

Longhorns driving through that pits look absurd. They look like they’re turning left going dead straight and the left side of the spoiler is 6” higher than they right side at rest.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!