Thread: Flo linage?

Default Flo linage?

As I’m a little lost on who is who ---- Could someone please give me the linage of Flo sports, Flo racing, DoD and those connected, including personalities, owners, and cast. Background and so forth.

Thanks in advance.

All you need to know is, Michael (and Amber) Rigsby is the best thing that ever happened, with Late Model broadcasting.

The carnival worker hours they put in, back in the early DoD days, were unbelievable.

Now they sell DoD to FLO, and all of us Dirt Late Model fans, will be treated to so many more motorsports options.

The pairing with MavTV+, only make his legacy that much better.

Flo was called Speed Shift when I first discovered it a few years back. Wish they had kept the original name. Flo sounds like a truck stop diner waitress.

Not sure but I think it’s the first 3 letters of the owners last name?

It comes from the CEO of Flo Sports, Mike Floreani.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Flo was called Speed Shift when I first discovered it a few years back. Wish they had kept the original name. Flo sounds like a truck stop diner waitress.
    No, Flo bought SpeedShift just as they bought DoD.

FloSports is an over-the-top subscription sports broadcaster and streaming service. The company is based in Austin, Texas, United States, and was founded in 2006. FloSports streams live sporting events to audiences around the world.[1]

Acquisitions

The company acquired DirtonDirt.com, a grassroots racing streaming and content platform, in September 2019.[6] In June 2020, FloSports purchased Speed Shift TV and acquired 400 races, with a focus on grassroots racing.[7]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FloSports#Acquisitions
    Last edited by TDRacin®; 07-02-2022 at 02:04 PM.

Never crossed my mind to look up a Wiki page.

Thanks to all, and TDRacin.

I follow who Rigsby is now. Is Derik (the one lap one beer guy) just a content participant? What does he have to do with Flo Racing?

As I’ve had Flo Sports for a few years now, do I also have access to DoD and not know it?

Have you tried login in using your flo login credentials. There also might even be a link via Flo to DoD