Thumbs up Fayette Co (IL) - Extreme Heat Cancels Summer Nationals At Fayette County

Extreme Heat Cancels the 2nd Summer Nationals Race At Fayette County

https://dirtcarsummernationals.com/n...mufOeDNxlnoDEM
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Looks like the track has ceased operating.

https://m.facebook.com/327350394442/...pe=3&source=44
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Looks like the track has ceased operating.

https://m.facebook.com/327350394442/...pe=3&source=44
    The owners are retiring, but it is my understanding that someone else will be taking it over (not sure if that starts this year or next).

The July 6 race was going to be Charley's last race promoting there. Word is new promoter is taking over and going to do improvements to the place for the rest of this year nothing scheduled for racing has of now till next year there, so looks like there will still be racing there.

There's been plenty of SN events run in 90 degree temps. Figured there was more to the story.
    8/13/16

Come on over to Davenport.

It was just as hot for the IL Speedweek shows and everybody managed to deal with it. Sounds like the promoter just took the money and ran after the first show and needed a bogus reason to cancel. It's summer time, of course it's hot.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    It was just as hot for the IL Speedweek shows and everybody managed to deal with it. Sounds like the promoter just took the money and ran after the first show and needed a bogus reason to cancel. It's summer time, of course it's hot.
    The 50 lap feature was a good race to watch, just to bad the turnout in the stands was not there.

Quote Originally Posted by DC63122 View Post
    The 50 lap feature was a good race to watch, just to bad the turnout in the stands was not there.
    It's usually a hostage situation down there, and their race was on a weeknight instead of a Saturday like usual. I have to believe that had quite a bit to do with the poor attendance.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Quote Originally Posted by BirkyTime15B View Post
    Come on over to Davenport.
    That's the plan
    8/13/16

I believe the summer national tour has about played out,,,,tonight at Lincoln only 19 cars. One thing is the $5000 to win is not that much anymore,then the tracks charge $30 to get in the stands. $30 to get in you should be seeing an outlaw race let alone some ill prepared race tracks. Dust and ruts for a so called professional organization at most tracks are not acceptable. Do you think this has affects on car counts and attendees in the stands? maybe the "pay per view"options are taking a toll on grandstand counts,I don't know. But every year this series starts out strong and gradually drops off. Any other ideas?
    We build fast race cars,,not race cars fast!

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    I believe the summer national tour has about played out,,,,tonight at Lincoln only 19 cars. One thing is the $5000 to win is not that much anymore,then the tracks charge $30 to get in the stands. $30 to get in you should be seeing an outlaw race let alone some ill prepared race tracks. Dust and ruts for a so called professional organization at most tracks are not acceptable. Do you think this has affects on car counts and attendees in the stands? maybe the "pay per view"options are taking a toll on grandstand counts,I don't know. But every year this series starts out strong and gradually drops off. Any other ideas?
    I don't think I understand. Are you saying the Summernationals should no longer exist?

It was a WISE decision.

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...&AheadDay.y=11

Also, while I was not there, from reports that I have seen, the 1st one they had earlier this year was not that well attended. There is no way a 2nd one at the same track was going to be successful in the extreme heat.

Quote Originally Posted by backspace View Post
    What they need to do is mandate a 3 class maximum and have a policy where the late model feature hits the track no later than 9:00. It doesn't matter where they are in the program...at 9:00 the late model feature comes on the track. Crowds would pick up then. Then they can run all the other crap after that. The UMP hostage situations are out of control. They need to take a lesson from Lucas on how to run their shows. They also need to consider hotlap qualifying for the supers.

Sam Driggers can take a bow he has ruined the Summer Nationals.

Summer Nationals isn't going anywhere. Car counts have been good this year other than Lincoln. Those #s will go up this week @ Macon and FC. Don't know when the series heads North. Some guys just don't want to run that leg of the tour. We'll see.
    8/13/16

I did not attend the "24 hours of Fayette County" this year due to experiencing it too many times in the past.

They earned their reputation for too many classes and super late nights, and people voted with their dollars.

^
    5 support classes is a little excessive. UMP should place a cap on how many support classes are run.
    8/13/16

Per Fayette County Speedway's Facebook

They have officially announced the track is closed! At this time, there is no mention of what the track's future will hold!
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1