Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    I doubt Mark knows what the internetz is/are/was/were, etc, etc. Too busy counting his money from selling inferior chassis.

I was there the night he was changing leaf spring mounts on their Howe 5th coil chassis at Rodney Combs WRC shop.

He has a very punchable face.
    You sound like that 13 year old pimpley faced internet tough guy. Problem is, if you are stating facts, you're obviously older. Kind of embarrassing really.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You sound like that 13 year old pimpley faced internet tough guy. Problem is, if you are stating facts, you're obviously older. Kind of embarrassing really.
    I could be trolling a bit too. Really thought that's what the whole thread was about?

I doubt Mark knows what the internetz is/are/was/were, etc, etc. Too busy counting his money from selling inferior chassis. I was there the night he was changing leaf spring mounts on their Howe 5th coil chassis at Rodney Combs WRC shop. He has a very punchable face.
    If'n you that long of tooth, you probably remember when Ray Callahan sent a chassis jig with Richards so that he could begin producing Bullitt Chassis for the eastern states ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    If'n you that long of tooth, you probably remember when Ray Callahan sent a chassis jig with Richards so that he could begin producing Bullitt Chassis for the eastern states ? ?
    That sounds familiar. According to their website Bullet built a couple chassis to Marks specs then refused to build more. I think they did build a few Bullitt chassis but not very many. I had changed employment status and didn't have much time for the race car stuff then. Lost the thread for several years.

Did help Tim Hitt some with the early Rocket stuff as we were from same town. Bought a bunch of engines from their families salvage yard when I was running my own repair shop. Hard to believe it's been 30+ years.

Rockets are leaving both national series, so they must be junk
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Mark laughs all the way to the bank. When steve baker ran ppms on a regular schedule he would show up with changes to that car all the time. Rocket just as Longhorn does, works hard to find speed. I'm sure both shops have had there competitors chassis on a table taking measurements. In going past rocket HQ last Wednesday I did notice something new to me. Rocket motors ! I guess Mark has gone into the used vehicle market. By the way, when Sheppard starts mid pack he is usually passing cars. They get qualifying back in line he will be a definate threat.

Car company has been there for a few years

That sounds familiar. According to their website Bullet built a couple chassis to Marks specs then refused to build more. I think they did build a few Bullitt chassis but not very many. I had changed employment status and didn't have much time for the race car stuff then. Lost the thread for several years. Did help Tim Hitt some with the early Rocket stuff as we were from same town. Bought a bunch of engines from their families salvage yard when I was running my own repair shop. Hard to believe it's been 30+ years.
    It's been said that Ray Callahan ended up getting the short end of that deal. Between that and the passing of Brett he just kind of racing.

It did take Mark suggesting the droop rule to all major sanctioning bodies to get his cars relevant again on the national stage. Not hating, just spitting facts. Not biased. I own and XR1
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    It did take Mark suggesting the droop rule to all major sanctioning bodies to get his cars relevant again on the national stage. Not hating, just spitting facts. Not biased. I own and XR1
    Pretty sure Ray Cook was the driving force behind the droop rule starting with his Southern Nationals Series

Yea blame ray cook for the stupid rule. That wedge nose gets into a guy that's crossed up he's going over, plain and simple. The LR shock and bodies are the problem. From my neighbor, who does run a slm with his son, Mark has had it with WRG and what they don't do. He relinquished a couple different things he heard but as he said you just never no who is telling who the hole story. There going all out up there on that hill in WV is what I can say.

McCreadie says the cars bodies now minus the droop rule produce better racing than they ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Pretty sure Ray Cook was the driving force behind the droop rule starting with his Southern Nationals Series
    And it went nowhere else for years. The current rule Lucas and woo adopted is very different from rays proposal.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    McCreadie says the cars bodies now minus the droop rule produce better racing than they ever have.
    McCreadie is very McCreadie-centric. I have seen that first hand. I know he doesn't actually believe that. He raced when you could pass on entry or exit.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Quote Originally Posted by JustAddDirt View Post
    I think it had the opposite effect. Bad call on his part if that is true.

Then you got a guy like Chris Madden who can win in whatever chassis he is in. Doesn’t matter to his team.

It's a good deal for the other drivers that he is not in a Longhorn he'd a maybe won that big old million and all the other races he was in perhaps ? ?

I wonder if anyone else noticed how many races rocket won over the weekend?

Default 44

pretty sure he got his last couple cars bare steel from Rocket, so he can change a few things. specifically so it will turn. He is a purdy smart cat.
    Last edited by JustAddDirt; 07-06-2022 at 07:31 AM.
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

Maybe a few tweaks from his knowledge of Bloomqist and Longhorn Chasis?