Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default The announcer of the SAS race

Hate to be negative, but that dude's voice is hard on the ears.
    Last edited by fryefan; 07-04-2022 at 11:09 PM.

He's horrible, no other way to say it. Maybe he should concentrate on the race instead of all his call outs.

Agreed. Needs to stop screaming into the mic as well when he’s actually calling the action.

Bright side...that racetrack was great.

He is a good announcer. I have heard him several times this year.

Terrible announcer. Thankfully, there is a mute button.

I always put Dwayne on mute. Don’t understand why some announcers spend there time giving shout outs to people who aren’t actually at the track. Why not talk about the drivers, teams, sponsors or series points while announcing?

You'll have a hard time finding someone as enthusiastic as Dewayne is about the sport. He isn't for everyone. Luckily we all have control of the volume of what we are watching.

He is very passionate and knowledgeable- just needs a little fine tuning. But he is doing much better than in the past. I am sure he will continue to improve. The young man holds down a full time job while also doing the racing gig.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    He is very passionate and knowledgeable- just needs a little fine tuning. But he is doing much better than in the past. I am sure he will continue to improve. The young man holds down a full time job while also doing the racing gig.
    He should stick to his day time gig

He may be passionate, but he is far from knowledgeable. No one knew who was in the #57. The kept calling him Aaron Carrier Jr when apparently it was Aaron Carter. Then someone must have texted him about Eddie Carrier Jr and he said he knew who he was, and it was one of his childhood heroes. However, I don't think he ever realized that he was actually in the race driving the 66C as he never elaborated on him. Then when the 33 spun in turn one, he said he slammed into the euk tire.....there wasn't even any euk tires in turns 1 and 2. Henry Hornsby Jr was Hank Hornsby Jr numerous times. Finally, why would a sanctioning body want their voice promoting to the audience that the haters can just mute if they don't like what they hear. I haven't even touched on all his screaming about events that aren't even occurring on the racetrack. Everybody today is so politically correct. He has poor grammar: he was talking several times about his best closest friend? He is absolutely the worst I've heard in 50 years, and I don't think it makes good business sense for XR SAS to present a race that the audience has to mute. As a comparison, consider the entertainment that James Essex and Dustin Jarrett provided the other night for the Lucas Oil race?!

Have to agree with you on the above. Maybe they can’t find a replacement that they can afford?
    Dustin & Hames announcing together is the very best out there- hands down. I am personally not a fan of Rick’s announcing for the WOO series. Rueban is getting much better (some don’t think so). I guess I was thinking Dwayne could improve like Rueban- but you have pointed out many discrepancies. Like I said in above post- I put him on mute as well.

There's not many Essex, Jarrett, type talent out there.

Everybody got a shout out last night lol

It wasn't that hard. Two Cosner cars Matt in 66c, Eddie in 66jr, Carter in 57, Montgomery and Williams both in #12 but different color numbers.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I think the primary job of the announcer is to keep people informed about what's going on. That starts with knowing who is driving what car. Also helps to know the louder you scream into a microphone, the less people can understand what you are saying. There are a few great announcers who are capable of stealing the show but enhance the actual show instead, tons of average ones, and then ones who are painful or who think they are the show but somehow get to keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dlmfan123 View Post
    Everybody got a shout out last night lol
    Tell me if I’m wrong, but didn’t he say people were sending him messages wanting shout outs ?

Spanky with the Uron man series does the same deal with shout outs. Shouldn’t they be watching the action in the track instead of watching their phones? Phones should be on race monitor/ my race pass for timing/positions information. Leave the Facebook/tic-tok/ Twitter stuff in the car until after the races. The folks at the track should be the #1 priority- then those viewing from home or elsewhere.
    Hopefully: some of these guys will read these comments and make some corrective moves.

Correction to above: Iron Man Series

The Iron Man announcer is not good. Very few announcers are, he’s really bad though.