Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

He’s been with Chris Tilley for a long time-they we’re both previously with Ray Cook’s different series until the blow up the night before the Southernationals Final at Tazewell.
    If you want to hear 2 country boy announcers- Ray’s Tri-County track in Brasstown, NC has them!

I personally like the Ironman announcer, think Spanky does a great job. The SAS announcer is an acquired taste, I don't care for the yelling but I will deal with it as long as he watches the race. When its take 2+ minutes for him to realize the leader pulled off for a flat tire because he is doing other stuff, then I hit the mute button.

256-924-4546 and matt.wagner@sasdirt.com are the contacts. When I contacted them about the terrible things the announcer did awhile back, a female replied stating diversity is the key and they love him. I then replied what the announcer did and what he did not do that is required for that position, no reply. People, please contact them and let your thoughts be known so they can put pressure on the announcer to correct his errors. He refuses do carry out my suggestions to make him a better announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    I personally like the Ironman announcer, think Spanky does a great job. The SAS announcer is an acquired taste, I don't care for the yelling but I will deal with it as long as he watches the race. When its take 2+ minutes for him to realize the leader pulled off for a flat tire because he is doing other stuff, then I hit the mute button.
    And uhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by cmonblue View Post
    He may be passionate, but he is far from knowledgeable. No one knew who was in the #57. The kept calling him Aaron Carrier Jr when apparently it was Aaron Carter. Then someone must have texted him about Eddie Carrier Jr and he said he knew who he was, and it was one of his childhood heroes. However, I don't think he ever realized that he was actually in the race driving the 66C as he never elaborated on him. Then when the 33 spun in turn one, he said he slammed into the euk tire.....there wasn't even any euk tires in turns 1 and 2. Henry Hornsby Jr was Hank Hornsby Jr numerous times. Finally, why would a sanctioning body want their voice promoting to the audience that the haters can just mute if they don't like what they hear. I haven't even touched on all his screaming about events that aren't even occurring on the racetrack. Everybody today is so politically correct. He has poor grammar: he was talking several times about his best closest friend? He is absolutely the worst I've heard in 50 years, and I don't think it makes good business sense for XR SAS to present a race that the audience has to mute. As a comparison, consider the entertainment that James Essex and Dustin Jarrett provided the other night for the Lucas Oil race?!
    I absolutely agree with every point made!!

Dewayne does a good job. We enjoy him. He is good with the kids as well.

Dewyane does a good job and puts alot of effort into sas,So thank you alot Dewyane for what you do for our sport!Shout out to little eddie,Its great to see you back behind the wheel of a super latemodel!Ediie is a driver that payed his dues and worked his way up the ladder......

Quote Originally Posted by NorthAlabama View Post
    256-924-4546 and matt.wagner@sasdirt.com are the contacts. When I contacted them about the terrible things the announcer did awhile back, a female replied stating diversity is the key and they love him. I then replied what the announcer did and what he did not do that is required for that position, no reply. People, please contact them and let your thoughts be known so they can put pressure on the announcer to correct his errors. He refuses do carry out my suggestions to make him a better announcer.
    It’s really not that serious…
    Fan of anyone not named Bloomquist or Shirley

Imagine a potential sponsor tunes in and hears that guy…

I would LOVE to have his job! I love announcing!
    !
    Darrell Goode

[url]wwww.facebook.com/goodeguitarlessons