Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Moring Motorsports

Where has this car been? Larry finally have enough and throw in the towel? I know it hasn't been the permanent fixture on the race track as it been in years past, but it was nice to see the brown hauler from time to time.

A lot good drivers sat behind the wheel of those cars over the years.

I know Birky hasn’t raced in awhile but that might make a good eastern Iowa team, assuming he ever wants to race again.

Stucky took care of all of that stuff right? Seemed like he’s been focused on Garrett and Cade recently

Last time I remember seeing it, Chad Simpson was wheelin it. That was back pre covid.
    Yer right Z. A LOT of really good guys have been in that ride.
    8/13/16

HH25, Chad drove it during the double dreams last year I know. It's been MIA since then.

Ronnie did wrench on the car when it raced, but I believe the cars were housed in Illinois. I would think if the hauler had sold, we would have seen somewhere by now.

Last I knew it was raced by Chad Simpson. As for Birky, he’s done.

I wrote Matt Miller a $5000 check, for winning our WDRL race in 09, in that ride.

Then was working at East Bay the next February, when Jim Wilson called, and was forced to shut that great WDRL series down.

The Moring team was sitting next to us in the East Bay restaurant, at the time of that call, and passed the sad series news along.

Great group of guys in that Moring team, and the giant hauler was kinda their show piece.

The irony of the above story was, Chad Simpson finished 2nd in that WDRL race. Then turned out to be the last driver to race that Moring ride, a decade later.
    Last edited by Big Daddy 37; 07-08-2022 at 09:43 AM.

Wasn't this the team Steve Francis drove for before hanging it up?

Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer View Post
    Wasn't this the team Steve Francis drove for before hanging it up?
    Yes, they had a 3 year deal with Dodge and Stanton built the Dodge engines for them. I can't recall if he retired directly after that or raced for himself or someone else for a couple more years

Georgia Boot
    8/13/16

I can only think of a handful of guys that drove the Moring ride

Matt Miller
    Chad Simpson
    Earl Pearson Jr
    Don O’Neal
    Steve Francis

Others that have driven the Moring car, off the top of my head:

Gary Webb
    Darrell Lanigan
    Jared Landers

Gary Webb was the most successful person in that car.

Wendell Wallace

I heard the last few years that Larry ran the team, that he let the drivers keep all the winnings. He just wanted the trophy if they won.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 07-08-2022 at 05:04 PM.

Remember the "Desert Storm" tribute car that Gary Webb and others drove?

Birky would have been great in that ride 8 - 10 years ago. My personal opinion is that Birky liked to party & disappear way too much to represent Morning properly. Don't get me wrong, Birky is a great guy but Larry Morning expects tough racing & quality representation at the track. A staggering drunk Birky would NEVER fit that role. Just one man's opinion.

As BirkyTime15B said Gary Webb ran for him and was the terror of Dubuque when he did winning, if I remember correctly, all but one show at Dubuque and a bunch of other regional shows .

When Steve Francis drove it a friend of mine from rural Nevada crewed for him that year and the car was garaged in Illinois and Larry gave my buddy a small house to stay in there. Ran into them at the Show Me that year and he was having the time of his life on the road for Moring. Got homesick end of the season and headed back to Nevada. He said Moring treated him well but expected results from the team and got them anything they needed.

It was/is always a top notch ride.

Think it was 2000, Webb won 16 of 18, would have had 1 more if ignition hadn't given up on last lap handing victory to Duane Colson. The whole season was amazing at Dubuque, due to the invert he started 12th, hugging the bottom he passed 2 cars a lap, against good competition too!

Quote Originally Posted by intel8 View Post
    Think it was 2000, Webb won 16 of 18, would have had 1 more if ignition hadn't given up on last lap handing victory to Duane Colson. The whole season was amazing at Dubuque, due to the invert he started 12th, hugging the bottom he passed 2 cars a lap, against good competition too!
    What a season that was. Only driver in a weekly show to beat Gary in 2000 was Darren Miller and that was the 16th feature of the year (Gary was a close 2nd). Many forget that he also won 14 features at Dubuque in 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy 37 View Post
    I wrote Matt Miller a $5000 check, for winning our WDRL race in 09, in that ride.Then was working at East Bay the next February, when Jim Wilson called, and was forced to shut that great WDRL series down.The Moring team was sitting next to us in the East Bay restaurant, at the time of that call, and passed the sad series news along.Great group of guys in that Moring team, and the giant hauler was kinda their show piece.The irony of the above story was, Chad Simpson finished 2nd in that WDRL race. Then turned out to be the last driver to race that Moring ride, a decade later.
    You are making me hungry for Strawberry Shortcake