Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Awesome Race is all I can say!

As everyone ese has said that was a great race at a great track. No sliders or any questionable moves. Good track prep and a nice facility.

Most of the Iowa tracks are quite good and the fans there love their racing. It's been one of my favorite states to go to for a racing vacation for many years.

Good to see Spencer Hughes get a top 5 and he's inching towards a win and hope it happens for him this season.

WOW. If you didn't like that race I don't know why. It only shows these big 1/2 mile tracks need to rethink there track layouts. Over the years I have seen some really good racing on short tracks. Boy that was a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Side Up 18 View Post
    Sorry that my posts were disjointed.
    The board is really slow to refresh for me tonight.
    You never need to apologize. Thanks Shiny. you're the best.
    And the days that I keep my gratitude higher than my expectations, well, I have really good days - Ray Wylie Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by dirtcrazy4u View Post
    WOW. If you didn't like that race I don't know why. It only shows these big 1/2 mile tracks need to rethink there track layouts. Over the years I have seen some really good racing on short tracks. Boy that was a good one.
    There are big tracks that race well. Port Royal is the perfect example.

Internet went down during first B-Main so I went to bed. Great thing about retirement is realizing nothin really matters. Just relax and take the day as it comes. Sounds like missed a good one but can watch the replay.

Great race. This place is gonna give FALS a run for their money as far as the best track in the midwest. Seeing Gary Webb was really cool. He's probably the last one left racing from when I first started going to the races. And He's still competitive.
    8/13/16

It's a shame Dirtcar can't run all of their shows like that. 2 divisions, great track prep, and very little screwing around. Their support division feature went nonstop and Kay put on a show. Everybody needs to watch that program and take notes on how it's done.

First class facility. Kay family has this place (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) near perfected. Can’t wait for the MARS Races 7/26. All of the top 5 said to me personally they’ll be back for it.

Quote Originally Posted by B_K View Post
    That place is #1 on my wish list to visit sometime. Heck of a race.
    It’s near the top for me too. Iowa has the best dirt racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Great race. This place is gonna give FALS a run for their money as far as the best track in the midwest. Seeing Gary Webb was really cool. He's probably the last one left racing from when I first started going to the races. And He's still competitive.
    FALS isn’t the best. It’s just the most hyped — by the heavily influenced home crowd (DOD/FLO). It’s on my bucket list, but I’ve read too many horror stories about the facilities. At this point, I prefer watching FALS on TV.

Ok Terry, what track do you think is the best?
    And keep in mind, Florence Kentucky is not in the midwest.😁
    8/13/16

There was nothing wrong with the FALS facilities when I went 2 years ago. Top notch atmosphere, great racing and solid facilities. I've seen much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    There was nothing wrong with the FALS facilities when I went 2 years ago. Top notch atmosphere, great racing and solid facilities. I've seen much worse.
    Plus they keep making improvements every year.

TerryM:

So you READ about FALS horror stories, but you've never actually been to FALS. On your bucket list? What are these horror stories that that you are referring to? Isn't it hard to make judgement if you've never been there?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt Clod View Post
    TerryM:

So you READ about FALS horror stories, but you've never actually been to FALS.
    Well that pretty much sums up this story.🙄
    8/13/16

First of all, I said STATE, not track. As for tracks, FALS is on my bucket list. Facility-wise, I’ve read many times about how bad the parking and seating is at FALS. Were those people lying? I wouldn’t know.

Ok, y'all read post #71 and find the word STATE. 5 minute time limit.

ready...go😂
    8/13/16

It was #70.

Actually, Davenport was a three class program with 24 IMCA sport mods, but still a quick, efficient program! There is a local curfew.