Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoky again

Default Smoky again

Madden with the win. Comes from 11 to 1 on lap 19 of the 25 lap race last night. When he comes to race he wins. Impressive run this year.

I read about how he blew by the top 2 in one lap and won the race. He sure has gotten my attention this year. So , how long has he been running a Durham engine ?

With Shepp and Davenport trading sliders it allowed Madden to sneak by them for the win.

“He’ll never win anything above the Mason Dixon line”……. Half this board a few years back.

That aged like milk eh?

The last 2 laps had some timely blocks on B Shep in turn 1 and 2. He got mirrors and a spotter in his ear?

Madden was turning laps 4 tenths faster than jd and Shep before he ever caught them. He was just that much faster down there. Madden is a likeable guy when he's winning. Hope he can keep it going.
    8/13/16

He sounded pretty sick still in victory lane, so all that more impressive.

I'm amazed that someone gave their first place vote to Shepp in this weeks DOD poll. I'm also amazed that Madden isn't #1 all by himself. That big Million money can't hide the fact that Madden has had JD's number this year. Read where Chris hasn't finished worse than 3rd in a race since April.

With the large man crush flyboy has on Madden you would thing he could spell his nickname correctly.

I really didn’t follow him much until this year. He won 3 races I have gone to. I started paying attention. He is that good.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    I'm amazed that someone gave their first place vote to Shepp in this weeks DOD poll. I'm also amazed that Madden isn't #1 all by himself. That big Million money can't hide the fact that Madden has had JD's number this year. Read where Chris hasn't finished worse than 3rd in a race since April.
    I quit reading dod's poll when last time I looked, K.Larson was ranked. I'm a Larson fan but when was the last time he raced? That poll,they claim is all about what have you done lately. What has Larson done lately? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's been in a late model in over a month.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I quit reading dod's poll when last time I looked, K.Larson was ranked. I'm a Larson fan but when was the last time he raced? That poll,they claim is all about what have you done lately. What has Larson done lately? Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he's been in a late model in over a month.
    You're right, Larson shouldn't be in it at all. I can't remember when he was in a late model last..

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    He sounded pretty sick still in victory lane, so all that more impressive.
    I was amused they completely avoided using the word COVID during the discussion. I'd guess Madden is firmly in the "it's just the flu" camp.

Has "respiratory illness" at Eldora and now pneumonia.

2 & 2 is now 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Madden was turning laps 4 tenths faster than jd and Shep before he ever caught them. He was just that much faster down there. Madden is a likeable guy when he's winning. Hope he can keep it going.
    That can't be true cause Rocket sucks on wrapping the bottom. Or so they say. Maybe his Rocket isn't entirely a Rocket?

I heard it was a Rockquist but, you know how those rumors go lol

He’s driven them all.
    I would say his car has combinations of many- probably not the standard Rocket- - but that’s just my opinion. Opionions are like tail holes: everybody had one.
    Happy racing to everyone this weekend-regardless who you pull for or what Series is your favorite. The tire shortage/fuel cost and parts supplies are out there, but car counts are still strong.
    Thank goodness Biden hasn’t banned auto racing as part of his clean air act!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    I heard it was a Rockquist but, you know how those rumors go lol
    I would say that's pretty accurate if in fact Rocket will sell a semi-completed chassis as has been suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    That can't be true cause Rocket sucks on wrapping the bottom. Or so they say. Maybe his Rocket isn't entirely a Rocket?
    I promise you it isn't just an off the assembly line Rocket.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Fox got it right 👍 Late Model racing is strong despite the obstacles right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I promise you it isn't just an off the assembly line Rocket.
    Yea there's a little something special about it!😁