Default DIRTcar does it again. FCR rained out reschedule July 15 against Tri-City Lucas race.

DIRTcar does it again B.S. FCR rained out reschedule July 15 against Tri-City Lucas race.

Farmer City Summer Nationals rained out tonight. DIRTcar / FCR (who ever made the decision) rescheduled against Tri-City and the Lucas Oil race next Friday, July 15th. I get that dates are limited but really. You honestly couldn’t find a better date.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Eh...

The 15th is about when the feature would've hit the track anyway.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

When should they have rescheduled it? Only so many dates in the season. I96 had already cancelled for next Friday so the date was available for the SN to fill. Makes sense to me. Sorry you don't agree.

Wasn’t it scheduled against a Lucas race last night?

It was but probably what HDF was referring to : next weeks races are both in Illinois -168 miles apart. It will most likely split some of the car counts and fans at both??

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    It was but probably what HDF was referring to : next weeks races are both in Illinois -168 miles apart. It will most likely split some of the car counts and fans at both??
    Okay, gotcha!

It wasn’t just me. Even Kevin Gundaker called it B.S. on Farmer City’s posted about being rained out. It’s going to to effect each track in terms of late model car count effectively splitting the majority of the cars in the region
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

The way I see it, if Kevin is so worried about car counts why does he schedule it during summer nationals. I dont see it swaying too many people. Babb is the first one that comes to mind other then that I dont see it splitting it up too much.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by reid boys View Post
    The way I see it, if Kevin is so worried about car counts why does he schedule it during summer nationals. I dont see it swaying too many people. Babb is the first one that comes to mind other then that I dont see it splitting it up too much.
    Maybe that’s the only date that was available to him. Tri-City has had two Lucas races for a while now and the second date was mid season. Next Fridays Summer Nationals race was supposed to be at I-96 Speedway in South central Michigan not 160 some miles away at Farmer City. I don’t think there would have been a problem if the race was 6 hours away like it should have been. It’s easy to see his point.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

Hypothetically...............This coming November Lucas/WOO/SN/Mars comes to you and says they will race at your track next July XX (the only date offered) but there is another big race 3 hours away. As a promoter what would you do??

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    Hypothetically...............This coming November Lucas/WOO/SN/Mars comes to you and says they will race at your track next July XX (the only date offered) but there is another big race 3 hours away. As a promoter what would you do??
    Risk vs Reward. What would the car count be like and how would the fans perceive the move? I would probably turn them down because I wouldn't want to step on another promoter's shoes. It just wouldn't be right especially if the other track already had that race scheduled. Promoter's need to try and work together.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA

They could in theory work together by having one of the tracks run a nice $$ show for modifieds and the other could run a crate special. You never can know what the car count will be at any track anymore. If I was a promoter I would have a hard time passing up an opportunity to have a big race at my track.

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    According to Kevin Gundaker, he didn't run Late Models when the summer nationals were close to his track so this is a kick in the balls to him so to speak. I do not know which race/races he was referring to, but if true that's a good reason to be upset.

Quote Originally Posted by ImCryn2 View Post
    According to Kevin Gundaker, he didn't run Late Models when the summer nationals were close to his track so this is a kick in the balls to him so to speak. I do not know which race/races he was referring to, but if true that's a good reason to be upset.
    The late models are not running at Tri-City tonight to accommodate the SN being nearby tonight and they were also off the weekend of the WoO/SN shows at Pevely. Kevin has a long history of being courteous to nearby tracks running big late model shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Action10 View Post
    The late models are not running at Tri-City tonight to accommodate the SN being nearby tonight and they were also off the weekend of the WoO/SN shows at Pevely. Kevin has a long history of being courteous to nearby tracks running big late model shows.
    Gotcha! Good reason to be upset.

There are plenty of cars and fans for both races. This will give more drivers a chance to earn some decent money.