Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 49 deck height?

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    I've seen the other side of this in every 4 wheeled vehicle racing I've participated in. Somebody (normally the guy with unlimited resources) consistently gets outrun and screams about RULES! WE HAVE TOO MANY RULES! Translation: I HAVE MONEY TO SPEND! That opens the door for an "unlimited" class which in less than two seasons goes broke. Have 6 vehicles racing at most.

They need MORE rules if anything. SIMPLE rules. Consistently enforced body rules. Nobody seems to whine about rolling across the scales? Shocks? Get rid of reservoir quad adjustable shocks. Pick a Monroe Magnum that works. NO MODS ALLOWED! Get rid of coilovers. No 4-links. No aluminum suspension components. Either 3-link with big coils or leaf springs. Big coils on front. Weight jacks. Roll the whole industry back 50 years.

Will the people building parts just jack the prices up? Probably.
    Yuck - no thanks. if I wanted to race a nostalgia car or a hobby stock I would, but I have no interest in those.

I learned a long time ago......more rules = more $$$!

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    I was gonna say this...lol. Hoffmans along with several other modifieds are just as twisted as before. He's definitely doing something different suspension wise because his cars attitude is very different than even other elites on track. More than once, this year, I've seen him packing the LF while no one else is
    Now you're getting warmer. Closer than most.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox28 View Post
    I was gonna say this...lol. Hoffmans along with several other modifieds are just as twisted as before. He's definitely doing something different suspension wise because his cars attitude is very different than even other elites on track. More than once, this year, I've seen him packing the LF while no one else is.Anyway, every rule sounds great and easy when you're sitting in comfy rooms in the winter thinking of ways you're going to save the sport. It becomes a lot less inviting when its 90, dusty, and you're on the road all the time.
    Funny thing is, we never needed a new rule. Bob Memmer saved it decades ago.

Hoffman's car has no choice but to wheelie with all the droop it has.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 08-09-2022 at 10:29 PM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -1