Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Another reason I rarely go to Brushcreek. It’s a shame they get some good cars and it’s toast before qualifying.

Just put on FLO to get my first ever look at Bushcreek. FLO has been great to see tracks I have only read about. My first impression is that I have never seen an infield as "RUSTIC" as this one. It will be interesting to see how the track races? Sometimes you can't judge a book by it's cover, but the facility looks a little rough compared to my local tracks.

According to Dirt on Dirt.

36 cars entered.
    Nathan Stephens

Next Race - TBA
    2024 Season: 3 - Brownstown (IN) 1, Farmer City (IL) 1, & Kankakee (IL) 1

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Just put on FLO to get my first ever look at Bushcreek. FLO has been great to see tracks I have only read about. My first impression is that I have never seen an infield as "RUSTIC" as this one. It will be interesting to see how the track races? Sometimes you can't judge a book by it's cover, but the facility looks a little rough compared to my local tracks.
    It's really not that bad facility wise. Bathrooms are nice, bleachers are what you would see at a high school game. The concession stand isn't the greatest though. It's literally 15mins from my house.

As far as the track being junk......give them a chance. It poured on us all day yesterday. You put too much water on it, we have a cornfield. Not enough water, and we get what we got.

The water truck literally sprays water from every corner of the truck itself. It will be better.

Quote Originally Posted by HoosierDirtFan View Post
    According to Dirt on Dirt.

36 cars entered.
    38 entrees

https://twitter.com/mike_ohio26/stat...fHpp_F4Qvn8M3A
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

I like the unique configuration. We had a similar track close to me but it closed years ago.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    The infield looks that way because the have a demolition derby pit in the middle and the other barriers are from the “legend car road coarse” they raced last week. Then the water truck, tractors and various track prep equipment. I wish they wouldn’t keep it junked up It can give off a bad first impression, but if your willing to give it a chance it usually doesn’t disappoint.

As for the other 2 on the thread complaining about it being dry. They just out some water down and are currently working the track before the heat races.
    Mike

Facebook

Not complaining. The track was dry slick before hot laps were over. That’s all I said. And that’s been the case every time I’ve been to Brushcreek.

Not sure about a bad track but those heat races I just saw wasn’t bad

So what size was the track before? Looks to be 3/8 now.. they sure made it have character with the shape of the track!

Rice and Dohm ran side by side for the lead for nearly the entire 10 laps of Heat One.

Was one of my favorite tracks back in the day but not dry slick as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tnewton View Post
    So what size was the track before? Looks to be 3/8 now.. they sure made it have character with the shape of the track!
    The old track was advertised as 3/8 mile but it was more like a big 1/2 mile. They ran wide open all the way around. A lot of guys complained it was to hard on engines.
    Mike

Facebook

Am I the only one who saw the two gals slugging it out behind the flag stand lol?

"The infield looks that way because the have a demolition derby pit in the middle and the other barriers are from the “legend car road coarse” they raced last week. Then the water truck, tractors and various track prep equipment. I wish they wouldn’t keep it junked up It can give off a bad first impression, but if your willing to give it a chance it usually doesn’t disappoint."

I just searched the internet and saw several photos taken from the sky. You are right, it doesn't look like a bad facility at all. The stands look nice, as well as the concession stand. It is a shame they don't try and clean up the infield a little bit to make a better impression.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Am I the only one who saw the two gals slugging it out behind the flag stand lol?
    A couple of T Carp's pit lizards?
    8/13/16

I was told a couple dogs got into it near the flagstand, I'm guessing the cat fight stemmed from that.

A pit bull attacked Jackie Boggs Great Dane. Anybody that has been around that pooch can tell ya it doesn't have a mean bone in its body.

For anyone not from the area who’s never been to Brushcreek and is interested in seeing it before it was cut down to the size it is now, I’ll post a video link to a world of outlaws race from 2005 below.https://youtu.be/1tZiAeCJ07MClearly hard on motors but it was wicked fast.

What a race!

That was a very entertaining feature. Couldn't ask for anything better on a Sunday night!