Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

That was some hot diggity driving by Dohm. He turned back everything Devin could throw at him.
    8/13/16

Devin is a good guy. Anyone else would’ve parked it on his nose. Impressed Dohm ran the top that well, not his cup of tea.

Kryptonite17, in the words of Russell Crowe, "were you not entertained?"
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

It was a good race.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Kryptonite17, in the words of Russell Crowe, "were you not entertained?"
    It’s amazing the people that were complaining about the track (not just on here) in the middle of the day on a hot summer day only to turn around a few hours later to say it was possibly a top 5 race of the year.
    Mike
    I hate the Steelers more than I hate the Buckeyes !

Facebook

The top groove was pretty good, they were obviously trying to fix the race for Rice to win like Florence does.

It was all over Twitter too Mike. People like to be a grandstand promoters. I'm pretty critical of the place for other reasons, but it almost always generates good racing.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    It was all over Twitter too Mike. People like to be a grandstand promoters. I'm pretty critical of the place for other reasons, but it almost always generates good racing.
    Kinda how I feel. There are problems there. But the track configuration is one of the positives.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

Anyone ever attend a race with the old configuration? That place was nuts!

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    Yes. And raced on it too, one time. I had zero use for it. The current track is pretty cool though.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 1

I had a good friend that tested his sprint car there not long after it opened. He said it literally made him dizzy being out there. It didn't help the lighting was very poor. He said he knew what it felt like to be in the twilight zone.

I gotta admit, that feature was a good one. Id never guessed it after hotlaps.

Similar to Beckley, everything surrounding the track is a little bit of a circus but the on track racing hardly ever disappoints. It would be great to see a really big show there in the future

The track was darn hear a completely round shape ! !

I’m not going race of the year. Certainly not better than Davenport or first night of Deer Creek Lucas races. Those actually had passes to win the race. Devin made the show what it was. Dohm was great on the top and you had to be up there to win the race. Glad Brushcreek put on a good show.

I knew there’d be some people b!tching. Always is.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Kinda how I feel. There are problems there. But the track configuration is one of the positives.
    Twitter was the other platform I was talking about, zyoung25.

As for being critical they certainly do some things that leave me scratching my head. But as far as actual racing in my opinion it’s the best in this area. If Tom sees the surface going away he’s not afraid to work on it to bring it back. I’ve been to other tracks that looked the way Brushcreek did after hot laps/qualifying and the track was never touched all night.

They have worked to make some things better. They have gotten more efficient at running races. Last night there really wasn’t much to complain about. A cleaner infield may have made qualifying a little more efficient, (and looked better on Flo) but overall it wasn’t bad at all.

I’m not saying they are perfect. You certainly can find things to criticize them about but track prep isn’t one. For Kryptonite17 to say he doesn’t go there because of the track prep/racing surface and he lives 30 minutes from the track just leaves me scratching my head. He must not go to any of the other tracks in the area either because they are not out preforming Brushcreek’a track prep.
    Mike

Facebook

Dear Mike, I suppose I am not allowed to prefer other tracks over Brushcreek. Forgive me as I have small children and a wife who are not interested in going to the races. I’m lucky if I can make it to 3-5 races a year. And you’re right I tend to use those chances to go to Eldora, Florence etc. It was on Floracing which I pay $150 for annually so I knew I could watch without having to go. I said it was a good race. The guy who started on the pole won, he got passed just for a few corners by a few sliders from one heck of a driver who made the race incredibly entertaining. That’s what I saw. I’ll try not to have anymore opinions you don’t care for, sir.

PMKryptonite17 You could have just said you prefer 1/2 miles and your wife and small child didn’t want to go instead of bashing the track prep. BTW the guy who started on the pole finished 6th.
    Mike

Facebook

well goleeee..good car turnout..good racin...what the the heck did ya want for a hot summer day? yea,yea looked a little junkie..maybe go topless next year!!? Jackie Boggs always kicked a$$ in those races @ the creek...(YEA I liked the D shaped original layout, if they got it right they never lifted, but it didn't lend to much 'racin' and a motor killer I heard).
    Bummer he passed, I thought something was up at that last DTWC he was at, he just kinda raced around.....