Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Post #59 is " SPOT ON " ! ! Where are we as a sport going to be if we don't farm up a new generation of fans ? ?

BBQ: For me it’s not Bobby that’s the turn off, it’s the “select “ group of fans he has that claim he can do no wrong, when in fact he has and does.

the shoe goes on the other foot as well. there is a "select" group of haters that claim every little bump...scrape...is dirty and intentional and they watch the race and just look for something they can complain about.

Poor Bobby is just so dynamic and electrifying that he is starting to get a " CLUSTER " of band wagon fans just like Bloomquist did ! ! Half the people at the one race were drunks, druggers, or reliefers that didn't know a whole lot about racing but they had to go with the flow of what was popular at the time. GO BOBBY GO ! ! !

True enough pierce fan, but I’m not one of those people and always call it like I see it…..there are a lot more people like me than there are those “ looking for reasons” to complain for no reason.

Your point is taken though and I agree…….Bobby could slam on the brakes and let his closest competitor pass him for the win and still get blamed for something he did wrong by those haters you speak of.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Anyone know if Bobby will be at Montpelier for the SN on Wednesday?

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    Anyone know if Bobby will be at Montpelier for the SN on Wednesday?
    Schedule says he will be there. A week ago it wasn't on the schedule

Thanks! Its really close for me, so might go and see what all of this hubbub is about.

32 car Ricky Bobby is at Stuart tonight with the XR series. He is gonna run with the big dawgs baby 

THIS IS HIS SCHEDULE7/11- Stuart (IA) Speedway 7/12- Stuart (IA) Speedway 7/13- Montpelier (IN) Speedway 7/14- Shadyhill (IN) Speedway 7/15- Farmer City (IL) Speedway 7/16- Oakshade (OH) Raceway 7/17- Wayne County (OH) Speedway

7 NIGHTS IN A ROW, put that in your pipe and smoke it

Smoke ‘em if you got em……he wins 3 of those is my guess.

Flyboy
    Hope you’re happy now?

No. He didn’t do much against the “Bid Dawgs”. The south rises once again.

Started 22 & finished 8- to me that’s doing quite a lot. And I’m not a Pierce fan because of the circus- not because he doesn’t have amazing talent.

I’ve said that for years, only to get scoffed at by “ the circus”.

Well said foxfire

Bobby was the star of the show last night , Just to watch him gallantly charge 14 spots was well worth the money spent to watch a daring display of skill ! ! Too bad for him that he just plain ran out of the laps needed to finish the job .

Somebody want to explain the “circus” to me? And please don’t include the one or two instances we already know of — neither of which have anything to do with Bobby himself or his racing career. The funny thing is … the haters are always much older than Bobby. And the haters who have dreamed up this “circus” scenario, are probably older than Bobby’s parents. He is arguably the most exciting driver in the sport. His most avid haters are … well, I can guess what they are. I see them every day on Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by BigP View Post
    Oh golly! Its another BP "haters" vs "huggers" thread of "oh yes he did and oh no he didn't"... How gauche! 
    Oh golly! Its another username created to bash the same driver. How about that bloomie fella?

Mom drunken instagram burning tshirts….dad knocking cars off jackstands with a four wheeler….sister going gorilla crazy in the pits in Arizona….dad running out onto a live race track to get at another driver…...Bobby’s failed sliders and subsequent Superfan reactions and actions in the pits afterwards.

Those are a few of the circus scenario’s that don’t seem to follow other high profile teams…..Bobby is the show, Dad is the mentor and it’s really cool to see the whole family racing aspect of that side of it and that they drive themselves with the circle the wagons around themselves and us against the world mentality

But to imply it hasn’t been a circus over there is just being naïve or in denial……it’s gotten better as Bobby has matured but it wasn’t so long ago that controversy followed them everywhere they rolled into….and most wasn’t Bobby’s immediate doing.

I saw Bobby race for the first time at east bay back in 2011, I’ve been able to see him race a bunch since, he is great for the sport because every sport needs a hero and a villain.

Thanks BBQ. You explained this very well. Too much drama to be a truly top notched race team. I think you nailed it.