John Duty Wins Season Debut at Cottage Grove Speedway
Top-10 Finish for Justin Duty at Fairbury Speedway

MULINO, Ore. (07/11/22) – Saturday was a good day of racing for Double Duty Racing. While its two pilots – Justin Duty and John Duty – may have been racing over 2,100 miles apart they both enjoyed success.

John won at Oregon’s Cottage Grove Speedway in his season debut, and Justin overcame a flat tire to record a Top-10 finish at Illinois’ Fairbury Speedway.

John Duty hit the ground running in his 2022 debut on Saturday night. He swept the night's action in his brand-new Don Frank Floors No. 5 XR1 Rocket Chassis / Pro Power Racing Engine Super Late Model.

Duty began his night by setting fast time and followed it up with a heat race win. An inversion of six for the feature posted John sixth on the starting grid for the main event.

He began working his way forward in the field as the 30-lap finale went green. By lap 12 he took control of the lead and never looked back en route to the victory.

“It took me a lot longer that I had hoped to run my first race of the year, but it’s hard to complain when you win right out of the box,” John said. “

Full results from the event are available at www.CottageGroveSpeedway.com .

Justin Duty saw his chances at his first win of the year curtailed by a flat tire just before the halfway point of Saturday night's FALS Cup event at Fairbury (Ill.) Speedway.

Justin was one of 28 Super Late Model entries on hand for the program and started his night by qualifying fourth fastest in his group followed by a runner-up finish in heat race action.

His prelim performance earned him the fourth-starting spot for the feature, and he was running third, when a flat tire sent him pitside on the 11th circuit.

Rejoining the tail of the field he rebounded to finish 10th at the checkered flag.

"Man that stunk to get that flat. I believe we had a car capable of a podium finish and maybe of even winning, but the flat tire ended any chance of that," Duty said. "Even at that I'm very proud of what we accomplished on Saturday, and we'll head down the road to the next one."

Earlier in the week Justin entered the Lucas Oil Late Model Dirt Series (LOLMDS) event at Davenport (Iowa) Speedway but missed the feature with a sixth-place finish in his B-Main.

Full results from the week are available at www.LucasDirt.com and www.FairburySpeedway.com.

Justin will return to action this Friday at Farmer City (Ill.) Raceway with a $10,000-to-win DIRTcar Summer Nationals event before returning to Fairbury Speedway on Saturday for another $2,500-to-win FALS Cup event.

John’s next event is slated to be July 23 at Cottage Grove Speedway with the annual Logger’s Cup.

The team also recently launched a brand-new, mobile-optimized site that is developed and maintained by MyRacePass.com Marketing Services at www.DoubleDutyRacing.com .

Double Duty Motorsports would like to thank their principal and associate sponsors including Don Frank Floors, First Class Septic, Donnie & Mardell Williams, Scott Stewart Trucking, Roberts Bee Company, Wiles Driveshafts, Performance Bodies, Stealth Carburetors, Strange Oval, Butlerbuilt, Keyser Manufacturing, Integra Shocks & Springs, Holley, TruForm Race Products, Hoosier Tire, TopNotch Kustom Graphics, Rocket Chassis, Pro Power Racing Engines, and MyRacePass.com Marketing Services.

For the latest team news and updates on Double Duty Motorsports, please visit www.DoubleDutyRacing.com.

PR Contact:
Ben Shelton (ben.shelton@myracepass.com)