Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I 70

Default I 70

Anybody hear who is going to be at I 70 this Thursday?

I was wondering the same thing. It is a Lucas Oil and MLRA sanctioned race so there should be several regional racers in attendance. I don't see it on Moyer Jr or Payton Looneys schedule. Who else?

This one I'm really interested in watching. In the late 90s when I was working tech in the MW series I went to the old paved I-70 a couple times. That place was wicked scary fast with ailing pavement. The first NASCAR truck series event I worked as a pit road inspector was at I-70. In 40 laps there was a caution and the right front tires looked like they needed a haircut on those heavy trucks.

Back then the place had a mystique about it but was in dire need of maintenance and upgrades. The problem was, with the new Kansas Speedway being built, they were going to lose their marquee races - so no upgrades and the place fell further into disrepair until it closed. As high banked as it was, it would have been super expensive to fix it.

Glad to see this place has been reworked and put back into use. It is in a great location and although it is a bit smaller now as a dirt track (second time as a dirt track) it should provide some good racing. Good luck to the people who invested in the rebirth of I-70.
    Political correctness,...is the inability to speak the truth about the obvious.

I watched the WOO sprints there last year. Although I'm not a sprint fan I could see this track being really good for late models. The facility is really nice and the surface was smooth and racey. Well see what the big boys do.

Didn't they cover it in dirt in the 80's? I remember a few televised day races.

Oh boy. Two dozen cars and no companion event? They couldn't put together a mod race to go with this? There has to be a bunch of mods in that part of the world. The facility looks great but a little more thought could have gone into this. I feel bad for the folks who paid a pretty good admission for three heats and feature (but there just ain't that many to have empathy for).

Now I hear they cut the feature by ten laps too!
    Last edited by Morgs153; 07-14-2022 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    Oh boy. Two dozen cars and no companion event? They couldn't put together a mod race to go with this? There has to be a bunch of mods in that part of the world. The facility looks great but a little more thought could have gone into this. I feel bad for the folks who paid a pretty good admission for three heats and feature (but there just ain't that many to have empathy for).

Now I hear they cut the feature by ten laps too!
    I'd have made them cut some holes in the nose. Hack some chunks out of one of the tracks fences to cover the holes. Whiners complaining about "can't get motors"...

Is it me or does the crowd look very light there tonight?. Such a beautiful facility and nobody in the stands to enjoy the racing. I understand it is a Thursday night, but kind of surprised to see.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Is it me or does the crowd look very light there tonight?. Such a beautiful facility and nobody in the stands to enjoy the racing. I understand it is a Thursday night, but kind of surprised to see.
    103 degree's.

Kudos to them guy's tonight. 90 degrees at the start of the feature. That's brutal.
    8/13/16

BShep blew it up. Stupid.

Wonder how many spare motors Rocket has?

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    BShep blew it up. Stupid.
    Could you possibly be as stupid as your posts?
    8/13/16

Wonder how many spare motors Rocket has?
    More than enough, but they should probably start considering a change from Durham grenades.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Could you possibly be as stupid as your posts?
    Are you? Running that hard knowing it was overheating is stupid. No reason they couldn't have gotten more air to radiator.

It is July. It is Missouri. 90 degrees in the evening is called,...Thursday evening.

Are you? Running that hard knowing it was overheating is stupid. No reason they couldn't have gotten more air to radiator.
    in his heat win interview didnt he say that the durham ford could stand the heat??

Quote Originally Posted by Morgs153 View Post
    It is July. It is Missouri. 90 degrees in the evening is called,...Thursday evening.
    Which would require you to adapt to those conditions. Maybe by getting more airflow to the radiator. But nope. Aero is more important than keeping the rods in the motor.

If they could change the amount of laps at the last second, how about instead telling all the teams, everyone has to cut a a 12x4" hole in the nose 18" from the ground. Recommend covering it with some screen. We race in 15 minutes. 40 laps. If you can't make 40 laps...too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    in his heat win interview didnt he say that the durham ford could stand the heat??
    Seems he was wrong. Whoops!

Quote Originally Posted by MEE View Post
    " If you cant stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen "