Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    The house cars have to test and try to get better. Stay on top. I think Rocket 1 is just going for wins this last half of season. Less testing and more winning.
    It would have made more sense to go for wins when there was a chance to win a million and six more figures at Eldora.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    It would have made more sense to go for wins when there was a chance to win a million and six more figures at Eldora.
    One would have thought so . . .

House cars test. I thought someone on here explained that in detail a few weeks back. B Shepp works on the cars. Much respect for him 👍

Their spoiler tonight doesn't say Rocket XR1, just Rocket 1.

Their spoiler tonight doesn't say Rocket XR1, just Rocket 1.
    Just 1 Rocket , eh' ?

Bsheep has said they have been trying different stuff. They have nothing to prove to anyone. They've won their fair share of races and Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Bsheep has said they have been trying different stuff. They have nothing to prove to anyone. They've won their fair share of races and Championships.
    And well they should have . what with it being a house car ! !

their spoiler tonight doesn't say rocket xr1, just rocket 1.
    new track record!

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    new track record!
    Maybe they are " BACK on TRACK " ??

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    And well they should have . what with it being a house car ! !
    Then they didn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Then they didn't disappoint.
    Maybe this will put them old boys back in the " Drivers Seat " to win a crown jewell ! !

Rockets generally are quite good on tacky surfaces. It's the smoother surfaces that they seem to be hurting on forward bite... Looked good at I-70 until they toasted the motor... ( tacky )

Quote Originally Posted by 9kchas24 View Post
    Rockets generally are quite good on tacky surfaces. It's the smoother surfaces that they seem to be hurting on forward bite... Looked good at I-70 until they toasted the motor... ( tacky )
    I'm gonna go kick my dog again over that one. Can't believe they didn't get more air to the radiator. Guess motors are cheap. And finishing waaaay back doesn't hurt you Championship run. Just stupid.

I'm gonna go kick my dog again over that one. Can't believe they didn't get more air to the radiator. Guess motors are cheap. And finishing waaaay back doesn't hurt you Championship run. Just stupid.
    What , if anything were they thinking ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    What , if anything were they thinking ? ?
    I know these decisions are easy from my recliner. If my dumbass, as some have called me, can see this issue...?

I know these decisions are easy from my recliner. If my dumbass, as some have called me, can see this issue...?
    Maybe " Common Sense " isn't so common ? ?

Did anyone catch the shot of Sheppard getting out of the car, the crew guys standing around, and Mark Richards sitting on his bike not even looking at them? Might be my new screensaver.

Did anyone catch the shot of Sheppard getting out of the car, the crew guys standing around, and Mark Richards sitting on his bike not even looking at them? Might be my new screensaver.
    I know we are having fun stuffing Mark & Team in a closet but nobody opened a hole in their nose for more air and everybody else finished that tried too. Some DID pull off instead of blowing up unobtanium engines.

It just boggles the mind. 5th pays waaay more points than they got for that effort. He could have eased over and let some guy by BEFORE it exploded. Just concede the win. Still amazes me.

WTF WERE they thinking?

I have no dog in this fight, but has someone come out and acknowledged it was a coolant/temp related failure? Every one of those engines is a ticking time bomb. Some tick longer than others.

I understand "points racing" and have even done it myself. But that typically involves not putting yourself in risky positions on the track. It doesn't mean looking to run 5th when your car is capable of winning...? How would that conversation go with Valvoline, or anybody else who has a substantial investment in that operation?
    Last edited by TheJet-09; 07-15-2022 at 03:20 PM.

He was leading as he was coming to the white flag. No racer I know would just pull over out of the way in that situation.