Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Jet said it right. Granted, extreme heat is definitely a concern but that doesn't automatically make it the reason for blowing a engine. We've destroyed them in 45 degree temps just as often as we have when it's 100 out, and it's that hot most of our season in NorCal.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, but has someone come out and acknowledged it was a coolant/temp related failure? Every one of those engines is a ticking time bomb. Some tick longer than others.

I understand "points racing" and have even done it myself. But that typically involves not putting yourself in risky positions on the track. It doesn't mean looking to run 5th when your car is capable of winning...? How would that conversation go with Valvoline, or anybody else who has a substantial investment in that operation?
    I'd bet it was running North of 270 degrees. Had bonus money covering his eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by kipling View Post
    He was leading as he was coming to the white flag. No racer I know would just pull over out of the way in that situation.
    Another I'd bet, today, he wishes he had backed it down and took a top 3. The points lost are gonna hurt bad

Quote Originally Posted by 9kchas24 View Post
    Rockets generally are quite good on tacky surfaces. It's the smoother surfaces that they seem to be hurting on forward bite... Looked good at I-70 until they toasted the motor... ( tacky )
    That 44 aint lacking forward bite!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Bsheep has said they have been trying different stuff. They have nothing to prove to anyone. They've won their fair share of races and Championships.
    They have a lot to prove. They were the big fish in the small pond competeing against, and beating, lower level competition in WoO. Sheppard never won a points title in Lucas Oil driving the Best Motorsports car, but Josh did in his first year. The fact they didn't even decide to run Lucas Oil until they had a nice padded points lead out of Florida is an indicator that they thought they could run away with it and shut up the naysayers, prove themselves after dominating the tour that didn't have a single Longhorn chassis on it last year. I think a third place finish behind McCreadie and Thornton would be a reality check for Mark Richards. There is no reason (beyond they're not good enough) that they shouldn't be able to win the Lucas Oil Tour. They are the team with the most money, most research, most parts, and flat out most resources. Why would Valvoline finish behind Mega Plumbing? Who's heard of Mega Plumbing?

They dont have the most money. Mega plumbing has been on JD's cars for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    I have no dog in this fight, but has someone come out and acknowledged it was a coolant/temp related failure? Every one of those engines is a ticking time bomb. Some tick longer than others
    You got to remember, you're dealing with folks that are on the floor playing with their die-casts while watching Flo.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    You got to remember, you're dealing with folks that are on the floor playing with their die-casts while watching Flo.
    And exactly who are you?

Quote Originally Posted by KTMLew View Post
    And exactly who are you?
    Same guy, minus the die-casts.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Same guy, minus the die-casts.
    Just proves you are uninformed. Not only do I have ZERO diecast I also don't have Flo.

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Maybe this will put them old boys back in the " Drivers Seat " to win a crown jewell ! !
    I hope so, they put the time in to be good and I'm curious if they found something while trying different stuff or did they go back to what they know.

I'd bet it was running North of 270 degrees. Had bonus money covering his eyes.
    Bloomquist says those Roush/Durham fords don't blow up, even when the water pump falls off, so heat couldn't have been the issue right?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    They have a lot to prove. They were the big fish in the small pond competeing against, and beating, lower level competition in WoO. Sheppard never won a points title in Lucas Oil driving the Best Motorsports car, but Josh did in his first year. The fact they didn't even decide to run Lucas Oil until they had a nice padded points lead out of Florida is an indicator that they thought they could run away with it and shut up the naysayers, prove themselves after dominating the tour that didn't have a single Longhorn chassis on it last year. I think a third place finish behind McCreadie and Thornton would be a reality check for Mark Richards. There is no reason (beyond they're not good enough) that they shouldn't be able to win the Lucas Oil Tour. They are the team with the most money, most research, most parts, and flat out most resources. Why would Valvoline finish behind Mega Plumbing? Who's heard of Mega Plumbing?

They have won many races on both tours and have beat the best in the business and have won Crown Jewel events and Championships maybe not to your satisfaction and I understand that but, they don't need to prove nothing to me. I see they have a good team with a good driver and good sponsors and sometimes that equals winning but, not always but, what I do know you sure are entitled to your opinion.

They have won many races on both tours and have beat the best in the business and have won Crown Jewel events and Championships maybe not to your satisfaction and I understand that but, they don't need to prove nothing to me. I see they have a good team with a good driver and good sponsors and sometimes that equals winning but, not always but, what I do know you sure are entitled to your opinion.
    He big mad about something.

He big mad about something.
    It sounds like he doesn't like team Rocket.

It sounds like he doesn't like team Rocket.
    You are quite perceptive. Looks like they stuffed the rods back in the motor. Wonder if that was a fresh one in that new car?

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    You are very well versed with your great knowledge of racing . I've been trying to get through to the apologists for a very long time that the house car should win every event with all of their data and the newest of the newest trick parts that nobody has immediate access to .Anybody that watches AMA professional Motocross will tell you that it is usually a factory team that wins most everything. They are expected to .

This thread is hilarious.

Usually if it's heat related a motor starts to slow down, a lot. The first things to go are either a hose or the headgaskets. That thing just went bang, he sure didn't look to be slowing down at all. Back to your die-cast racing.

What have they done for you lately ? ?