Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Rocket and B Shepp

I hear they went back to West by God Virginia to get some new cars built up. They needed a refresh on equipment due to normal wear and tear. I think they are about to win a lot of races when they get back on the road. They may give JD and Chris some serious competition.

awesome sauce

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    I hear they went back to West by God Virginia to get some new cars built up. They needed a refresh on equipment due to normal wear and tear. I think they are about to win a lot of races when they get back on the road. They may give JD and Chris some serious competition.
    But then again they might be running the same as the last few years when the team has come up short in the big important races ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    But then again they might be running the same as the last few years when the team has come up short in the big important races ? ?
    They can win any race they enter and now they are apparently not testing anymore and going for wins.

They can win any race they enter and now they are apparently not testing anymore and going for wins.
    Ya mean that it has been 2 years of testing is why a house car with more resources and data than most everyone else hasn't won any of the major significant events ? ? We did not know that .

Flyboy is the encyclopedia of Dirt Racing!

Ya mean that it has been 2 years of testing is why a house car with more resources and data than most everyone else hasn't won any of the major significant events ? ? We did not know that .
    The house cars have to test and try to get better. Stay on top. I think Rocket 1 is just going for wins this last half of season. Less testing and more winning.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire2dirtracing View Post
    Flyboy is the encyclopedia of Dirt Racing!
    No. I don’t know all 10,000 late models that race weekly in America.

Don't you think that this union might have ran its course and has lost the chemistry needed to remain successful ? ? Put a young hungry driver like Terbo Erb in that car and watch it start winning some big ones . Heck even Coconut Head would maybe do better job of keeping it up front where it usually qualifies because of all of its resources behind it !

Chemistry means a bunch to a team but Shep ain’t going anywhere, that’s just silly talk.

I’m no fan of MR but he ain’t a dummy and Bshepp is the genuine article, the respect for each other is very apparent.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

B Shepp is solid. Perfect for the Rocket car. I’d love to see Josh drive a second Rocket house car but I guess that will never happen.

LOL, I'm a Terbo fan, but he isn't exactly the type of driver Mark is going to put in the house car.

Don't you think that this union might have ran its course and has lost the chemistry needed to remain successful ? ? Put a young hungry driver like Terbo Erb in that car and watch it start winning some big ones . Heck even Coconut Head would maybe do better job of keeping it up front where it usually qualifies because of all of its resources behind it !
    Congrats on winning dumbest post of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by JabberJaws83 View Post
    LOL, I'm a Terbo fan, but he isn't exactly the type of driver Mark is going to put in the house car.
    Josh used to kinda drive like terbo….but being family dad probably gave him a pass.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

But Josh won a lot and won 3 races in a 24 hour period at Florida speed weeks. I’d love to see a reunion of Dad and Son at some point. Josh has had a difficult year.

The house team had allowed itself to become complacent . It was so common for them to show up, qualify up front, and win because they had the best in class at every race. Every driver that ran that ride even temporaraily won with it because it was so above and beyond what everyone else had. Longhorn came along and it has been a rude awakening for Rocket in manys opinion. As in any other business if things aren't working as normal it is time to make wholesale changes . Maybe the answer is trying a new program with some personnel changes ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro32 View Post
    Congrats on winning dumbest post of the week.
    Exactly what I was thinking .....

The house team had allowed itself to become complacent . It was so common for them to show up, qualify up front, and win because they had the best in class at every race. Every driver that ran that ride even temporaraily won with it because it was so above and beyond what everyone else had. Longhorn came along and it has been a rude awakening for Rocket in manys opinion. As in any other business if things aren't working as normal it is time to make wholesale changes . Maybe the answer is trying a new program with some personnel changes ? ?
    Too bad these apologists can't see the wood through the forest on this matter. Something is broke and there is a change that needs be made sooner than later . . .

Default lets see

Longhorn team Davenport, Larson, Overton ,T-Mac , Marlar and Moran Vs Team Rocket B Sheppard , Madden, Dennis Erb, Tyler Erb, Max Blair and Rick Eckert . lots of wins for both sides. cars sold Rocket Many, Team Longhorn not near as many. I would still buy a Rocket over a Longhorn. I don't think JD or Overton or T Mac Or Larson Buy there Longhorns.
    Last edited by racer9n; 07-13-2022 at 02:11 PM.

I've watched a bunch of videos on the Rocket shop in WV, and it's pretty common to see Sheppard in the background working on something. I think it would be tough to find a driver as good as he is that's also a good employee. Lord knows Josh isn't picking up a wrench.