Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank You Scott

Default Thank You Scott

After reading the powerful words kovac wrote in the dod article it sounds very deflating for the old hippie racing friend we know as Scott Bloomquist….I’m a relative rookie to all of this compared to many of you but when I started watching and liking dirt bloomer was the guy I loved to hate.
    Not trying to get all gushy or whatever but out of respect for all Scott has done and the person he is ( love him or hate him) as a fan I want him to know that from this fans perspective he owes the sport nothing else and and can go out on any dam terms he wants and that all of us that respect the story he has written for himself will be 100% cool and supportive of it…..Thanks Scott Bloomquist, you’ve made a lifetime of memories for a bunch of race fans. Now quit fooling around and keep racing forever, will ya?

Well written article by Kevin Kovac….you could feel the angst and emotion throughout the whole thing.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hanks for sharing and Kevin is so right in what he says.

Absolutely not a Scott fan but he has grown our sport. The villain role he has played has been awesome to watch throughout the years. He's the goat, and it will be different when he retires for good.

I hope Nick Hoffman (and NOS Energy) gets the opportunity to get back behind the wheel of the 0. Nick has a potential spot in the Fans Fund for the USA Nationals next month.
    Last edited by Tireguy17; 07-13-2022 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I hope Nick Hoffman (and NOS Energy) gets the opportunity to get back behind the wheel of the 0. Nick has a potential spot in the Fans Fund for the USA Nationals next month.
    If Nick doesn't get the chance to get back in the Bloomer ride I would hope someone will give him an opportunity and give him time to get the car up front on a consistent basis.

I’d like to see fergy get a shot at that ride when and if Scott decides to step out…..he’s proven he can make them go fast.

Fergy is fast this year. I see a lot of folks at his souvenir truck.

I’m a huge Bloomquist fan and hope he gets whatever done that he needs to hopefully fix this once and for all. I’d encourage him not to drive until he’s well again. Having the house car run poorly has to be bad for business and I know he doesn’t want to screw that up.

I don't think Fergy would want to move to Mooresburg and be in the middle of that mess. And he'd have to take a pay cut.

Quote Originally Posted by BigP View Post
    He has been awesome to see over the years. Always kept his head on straight behind the wheel. Great clean driving professional. He cares about his stuff and others, in turn, more then not finished up front.
    A very good post !!

It really sux to see Scott struggling with his health, like him or not( and I do) you never want to see anyone struggling with pain like that.

That was the most emotional I've ever heard from Scott, I think the writing is on the wall unfortunately. He was VERY competitive up until the accident, much more so than most are into their early 50's. But I think he's come to terms that it might be over.

Chris Ferguson should be represeting Team Zero as the house car, even if he doesn't live anywhere near Scott. That guy has to be the fastest Bllomquist chassis out there.

Quote Originally Posted by LM1M View Post
    That was the most emotional I've ever heard from Scott, I think the writing is on the wall unfortunately. He was VERY competitive up until the accident, much more so than most are into their early 50's. But I think he's come to terms that it might be over.
    Kovac did an excellent job conveying that, was a gripping and almost shocking article to read.

Quote Originally Posted by 84wedge View Post
    Chris Ferguson should be represeting Team Zero as the house car, even if he doesn't live anywhere near Scott. That guy has to be the fastest Bllomquist chassis out there.
    Yeah out of all 5 of them.

Bloomquist by Conard?

Nothing more intimidating in the mid 90's, when I was traveling with Epj, than to see that black hauler and the black and white BWRC 18 unload! Ill never understand why people dont like him! Yes, hes a little different but his racing prowess is second to none!

He's the one and only g.o.a.t of dlm racing! The sport owes him dearly! The sports not the same without him!

I’m sure people said , aw shoot when they saw you cats roll in back then too….Earl may not ever go down as the goat but he will certainly go down as the coolest and most real high level dlm driver to ever grace the gates.
    Gonna hate to see him hang it up too, but it’s coming……..the era we have all gotten to watch DLM in has been 100% golden.

Scott and I are the exact same age. I had the exact same issue Bloomer has, 25 years ago. I had a simple back surgery done and was back to work a month later. Have never had any back, leg or foot problems since. I find it odd that Scott even admits it’s a simple and non time consuming procedure, but he won’t do anything about it. He’s just a weird dude. Always has been. Nothing in this article makes me believe he’s changed.

You know better about what Scott’s going through and how he feels than he does???Go figure.

Back surgeries and surgeries in general are much more difficult on older people and if this was 25 years ago I’m sure he would jump right in just like you did, but throw in the whole broken hip trauma, ankle etc trauma to an old body and it’s probably a tad more complicated than you or any of us realize.

By your dismissal and certainty that you know better than he what to do with his own body I’m guessing you don’t personally like him.