Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You Scott

As a long time dirt late model fan, going back before everyone's schedule was posted online and on social media, and back when outlaw schedules were way more common and you really didn't know who was racing where...as a fan and competitor, like him or not, there were absolutely no more exciting three words in racing than..."Bloomquist is here". I know there will always be a debate about who's the greatest, no one could send ripples through a crowd and bring them to their feet when his hauler (usually late) was spotted. And I have been through the Moyer/Purvis/Boggs/Moran etc...glory years. I think it was Bayko who said it best, Father Time is undefeated.

^^^^^^ spot on, good post.

I can't find this on Dirt on Dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossbones View Post
    I can't find this on Dirt on Dirt.
    It’s there. Kevin Kovac’s piece.

Article Date: July 12
    Story: Next Step for hobbled Bloomquist
    Just go to “catchall” and scroll down to July 12.

Thanks for the tip on locating the article. I too was looking for it. Kevin Kovac writes great articles. Whether you like Scott or not, sad to see him going through all these medical woes. Especially after making great progress recovering from the injuries. Going through knee pains now from years of running, I can sympathize with Scott and others when your health is compromised. Heal up racer.
    Last edited by Dirt Clod; 07-17-2022 at 11:54 PM.

Still the goat. Yes. Thank you Scott.

It's very frustrating when your mind understands what it is and how you need to accomplish something, BUT, the body just doesn't want to go along with what your thinking. It's called getting old, after all my years in construction I so looked forward to retirement. Right knee, total replacement. 2 hips, hearing gone in 1 ear, a back that sometimes doesn't want to get out of a chair. All this in a span of 3 yrs. Yep retirement is f*ck in great. A handicap sticker gets me close to the door because I can't walk a 1/2 mile. Maybe I should switch to lucas oil instead of quaker state.

so you had a surgery when you were 30 and it went better than someone in their mid 50s?

I think Scott was already on the decline even before the motorcycle accident. Age, and all those years of really hard living has already started the curve down the other side of the slope. The accident turned a relatively mellow downhill slide into a freefall. None of this detracts from him being the best of all time. It’s entirely possible, likely even, that somebody will eventually eclipse Scott’s stats and records, but his place in DLM history is secure.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

someone else could eventually beat scotts stats, but with scott its more than just the wins, its winning the world after being sent to the tail, or winning with his arm in a cast, or him driving down the interstate in arizona to warm his tires up, building his own cars. Like him or not, theres no personality to replace him when he does hang it up sadly. it seems like now its either nascar vanilla or silver spoon

what year was his accident didn't he win the dream in 17 and 18?

Some of this reminds me of something I once had heard about the Great Curtis Turner . That was " You better get to know him now because he lives too hard and too fast and so he is going to die young " .

Quote Originally Posted by Jake the Bear View Post
    Man, aint that the truth ? ? ! ! !
    Yesiree Bobby ! !

He’s back again!

Post #41 -spot on 100%.I only remember 3 on track confrontations: Bill Frye at the Dream, Freddie Smith at WVMS ( maybe DTWC) and back in the Hav-A-Tampa days with Wendell Wallace. Wendell took him out at TAZ and bragged about it.
    For someone who has raced for 40 years- he has to be considered/respected as a clean driver on the track.

1 other dust up at the old Atomic Speedway just outside of Knoxville/Osk Ridge, Tennessee- I’m thinking it might have been with Scott Sexton??
    Hav-A/Tampa parked Scott for the night and didn’t give him any show-up points. Those lost points cost him the Champuonship that year to Freddie Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Still the goat. Yes. Thank you Scott.
    Well Now;I've been a hear'in that that there GOAT torch has been passed on on to that Kyle Larson guy ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake the Bear View Post
    Terry m is a big windbag. One of the bigest poop stirrer this site has ever seen. He gets off on playing dumb. He plays the part amazingly well . . .
    Why so mean to Terry M ? You are being more like Jake the Snake than a cuddly little bear ! !

I remember the Scott Sexton/Atomic incident. Sexton got into Bloomquist and it broke something in Bloomquist's front end. Before exiting the track SB drove up next to SS and revved his engine and sorta swerved at SS. Just like the post said, they parked Bloomquist and took away all his points for the night. SS told the officials that SB never touched him and that he didn't blame him for being upset, because the wreck was his fault.
    This was all done to give Freddy the championship. They didn't want Bloomquist winning 3 in a row.