Default water in starter

have a new power master starter, after first car wash I noticed the solenoid portion got full of water and I was careful not to spray any water directly at it. I guess the weatherproofing on this thing just sucks. I was able to disassemble that part dry it out and it's working fine now but I wonder if anyone has any good solutions for this? Don't know if I need to try and RTV weatherproof this thing or just bag it whenever I wash, wanted to see what everybody else is doing.

heard some guys say drill small hole so it will drain out, then put silicone on the top hole

Isn't it the Toyota starters converted for racing that have the hole in what's the top when done? Like grt74 said, just silicone it up. Never hurts to bag it too.

Quote Originally Posted by over4T View Post
    Isn't it the Toyota starters converted for racing that have the hole in what's the top when done? Like grt74 said, just silicone it up. Never hurts to bag it too.
    Not sure. This one with water in it is a PowerMaster. I'd probably go the Toyota route next time I get one.

I bought mine from a guy around 15 years ago an it's got the orange silly cone from a can at all the entry points. It's smoothed over with a wet finger and it doesn't look to bad. It's been great. I just don't hit it directly with a power washer or any electronics for that matter.