Thread: Summer Nats

Default Summer Nats

Let's take a peak at summer Nats pay out. A whopping 39,000 for champ IF all races are ran, excluding rain outs,cancelations. You can win 2- 20,000 shows n make more than running this so called series. Be awful interested what exactly WRG n Driggers bring to the table Money wise, ole Sam aint coming off his Drigger dollars that's for sure.

I haven't read this years rule book but what happens if no one has perfect attendance as far as the championship payout?
    Does anyone have perfect attendance?
    8/13/16

I may have spoken too soon about WRG being ok with the WoO Sprint Cars, Kyle Larson's new series going to pay $23k to win or more. Article said the standard WoO sprint purse is $10k to win, WRG must be taking a lot off the top because those shows cost $40-$50 for general admission.

WRG taking a lot off the top for sure…..cigarettes are expensive.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Like I've said before follow the money.Ump wrg drivers are getting screwed over big time. Sam can't smell the coffee or the roses to much nicotine has eroded his senses. Summer Nats 37th year and still same ole same ole. Hey that was fine in the day they had a monopoly over the Midwest those days are long gone. Flo racing right off the bat has 20,000 shows 3. 3.5 hr shows and basically they are a start up. Ump with Drigger has had 30 plus years to figure it out and either refuse to or they are all blind,deaf n dumb. Can't get by with it no more Sam. Social media way ahead of you on this one.

Yup, some people still living in the 70s and 80s and can’t figure out why people are talking over and around them……lots of stuff worked back then, lots of stuff done back then, some even brag about having secrets about what went on back then like it’s cool to do the same today.

Ridiculous to think that works well anymore.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

I'll apologize in advance for the long post. Seems like everyone on here wants the Summernationals and what used to be known as UMP to be the best it can be and I am included in that group. Here are a few observations... Does anyone remember why the Summernationals was started in the 1980's? I believe it was a way to link the Gopher 50 with the Herald & Review 100. That doesn't really apply anymore since the Gopher 50 is now a Lucas Oil race... Does anyone remember what the SN champion received in 2001? That year the champion received $10,000. Billy Moyer was the champion and I know he missed at least 1 race that season, as he won a UDTRA race the same night as a SN race. The next season paid $100,000 to the SN champion, $100,000 to the UMP national champion, and $100,000 to the UMP modified champion. That $300,000 was essentially what Bob Memmer sold UMP for... UMP acquired the Xtreme DirtCar Series (the former UDTRA Series) in 2004 during the "tire wars" season... UMP and the Xtreme DirtCar Series were sold to what is now the World Racing Group in 2005, essentially making UMP the minor league system for the World of Outlaws Late Model Series. Keep in mind, the World of Outlaws Late Model Series is basically the minor league for the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Series... I just wanted to point out a few things and make it clear that I don't know what the answer is to making the Summernationals as successful as everyone wants. I do think it is important to look at the history and understand what it is supposed to be. The catch is that UMP was founded as a racing organization to make the sport more affordable and give small teams a chance through its rules. That ingredient is missing because the UMP rules are a copy of what the World of Outlaws do. Maybe that is a place to start? Also, I wouldn't be opposed to changing the way the UMP weekly points champion is decided. That was never meant to be what it has become, and I can explain more about that in a future post if anyone cares to hear it... Thanks for dealing with my rant everyone.