Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Lurker, you can't believe everything on the net but I've read where Kyle did say to the media that he was not planning on competing. And it was about $. He feels as much as it has grown, the purse has not.
    That’s what I read.

I hope Larson isn't going to try and use his clout to strong arm the promotor at the Chili Bowl. Bottom line is, they all know what they are racing for and can choose to go, stay home, or go to another event. Using the celebrity status to pressure the race promotor is no different than what we see happening with the Hollywood types trying to impose there slanted views of reality on us. Social Media will be the death of this country....

Kyle will be in New Mexico running a late model for 10k every night instead of Tulsa, and that’s ok.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Default From Charles Nungester on IOW - post #25

If you have Twitter, Hahn responds.
    This event cost a million a year to put on and Im not just going to put up fifty K because I don't have it. i don't get concessions etc. If they want to race elsewhere when this event is what helped launch their Nascar Careers. Well they can go do that.
    Bell started this crap two years ago and it's a shame,, They all have my # and Im easy to get ahold of, But they go straight to the media. They are not going to back me into a corner, This race will grow and thrive without them giving others a shot.

https://twitter.com/SprintCarHist/st...91103573364736

Thanks HH25 and Bayko.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    I hope Larson isn't going to try and use his clout to strong arm the promotor at the Chili Bowl. Bottom line is, they all know what they are racing for and can choose to go, stay home, or go to another event. Using the celebrity status to pressure the race promotor is no different than what we see happening with the Hollywood types trying to impose there slanted views of reality on us. Social Media will be the death of this country....
    Very good thoughts 👍

Several thoughts:

The Chili Bowl’s terrible purse.

Kyle’s involvement with Flo Racing.

If you snooze, you lose.

Quote Originally Posted by EvelB7 View Post
    You make good points …

… if this was 1985.

Those days are long gone. Most of us have moved on.

Loved Larson. Then they used him as an example. Then Mr car salesman rolls in and says he is the greatest kid ever. Blah blah blah. I moved on to follow different drivers. Too much drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Rajflyboy View Post
    Loved Larson. Then they used him as an example. Then Mr car salesman rolls in and says he is the greatest kid ever. Blah blah blah. I moved on to follow different drivers. Too much drama.
    I think this means that you are not ready to cave in to the GOAT title yet ? ? Only driven to church on sunny Sundays by a sweet little lady ? ?

I won't be around to see it but some day, Larsons name will be up there with Andretti and AJ Foyt as the best ever.
    8/13/16

Larson isn’t Foyt Andretti. That’s pure lunacy.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker View Post
    If you have Twitter, Hahn responds.
    This event cost a million a year to put on and Im not just going to put up fifty K because I don't have it. i don't get concessions etc. If they want to race elsewhere when this event is what helped launch their Nascar Careers. Well they can go do that.
    Bell started this crap two years ago and it's a shame,, They all have my # and Im easy to get ahold of, But they go straight to the media. They are not going to back me into a corner, This race will grow and thrive without them giving others a shot.

https://twitter.com/SprintCarHist/st...91103573364736
    a million is alot cheaper than i wouldve guessed honestly, tulsa shootout seems like would knock a dent in that cost at least. a crap ton of cars racing for pennies. plus no telling what mav/flo pay for broadcast rights. keith kuhn isnt bringing a ton of cars because the pay is good thats for sure

If they raised the purse at the chili bowl it will just make it worse with the one off specialty built rental cars etc.